Wanting to replace Moen Shower Trim Kit. No clue what I'm really doing.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camarsh

Reaction score
I'm trying to do something nice for my dad and update his shower fixtures. I know it's a Moen kit that is currently on it and I know I have to stick with Moen. But I've never really messed with anything like this before. My question is, how do I determine which model I need to get?

I have pictures attached of the current set up but beware, everything is older and dirty. I'm looking at something like MOEN Banbury Single-Handle 1-Spray Tub & Shower Faucet in Mediterranean Bronze 82910BRB
But I don't think he'd like the shower head very much but who knows.

Looking for something like an oil rubbed bronze because all of the other fixtures like shower bar, and sink faucet and drain are all oil rubbed bronze.

Can someone help point me into the right direction so I can make sure I can get the right fit?Screenshot_20210107-145331_eBay.jpg20210107_111003_capture(0).jpg20210107_111003_capture.jpg20210107_110802_capture(0).jpg20210107_110802_capture.jpg20210107_110957.jpg20210107_111003.jpg20210107_110949.jpg

If that faucet pulls out and goes right and left for the water then that is a Moen Chateau faucet trim. And if
it just turns counterclockwise to get the water then it is a Moen Posi-temp faucet trim.

Looks like old Chateau.
If you take the plastic handle off and pull off that chrome tube behind it, then post a pic, that would verify it.
You can buy just a new valve trim kit and handle from Moen, or online.
And get a shower head from anyone, no need to stick with Moen for that, just try to match the finish.

BTW, some oil rubbed bronze finishes often fail very early, something in their chemistry is just defective.

My least favorite finish, after plain white plastic.

That is moen posi-temp trim. The screws are at 2 and 7 o’clock and the crystal knob points down. A 1225 trim has screws at 5 and 7 ,unless it‘s a moentrol valve, and the knob points up and turns right and left and pulls out for on like Jeff said. Any trim that fits a posi-temp valve will fit.

Latest posts

Back