Toilet drain

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What’s the small pvc for ?

It’ll work but not piped to code.

You’d never get that to fit with that joist there.

I’d pipe it like dis.
View attachment 35817

You could pipe it like that
But I disagree that my idea would not fit
The center to center of 2- 90s like is currently shown is longer than the center to center on 2 -45s
my idea would fit and have room to spare

yours on the other hand is going to be tough fitting the 3x2 combo in with out cutting more

You could pipe it like that
But I disagree that my idea would not fit
The center to center of 2- 90s like is currently shown is longer than the center to center on 2 -45s
my idea would fit and have room to spare

yours on the other hand is going to be tough fitting the 3x2 combo in with out cutting more
Look at how much room you’d have left after you turn the tee on a 45 angle like you say. Look at where that would put the hub of that tee.
Then try laying a 3” wye down hub to hub. Even if you had a street wye it would put your existing hole in the wrong place.

No way.

This is a 45…..The hub of that Sanitary tee would almost be touching the joist.
4E0AAF73-CB38-4C00-9790-B857F1445E33.jpeg
I would only need 6.5” off center to lay a 3x2 combo down. That includes the 2” hub. Easily done, the OP layed 2- 90’s down hub to hub.

The 3” 90’s measure roughly 6.75” combined. So my combo would fit easily.

Last edited:
The hub would be where I marked in blue, not where you marked in red.

Then there would be no room to lay your wye down to point you toward the toilet.
9D359641-3169-4B32-9CF8-7A22559249D7.jpeg

are you worried about that notched and drilled out old termite ate up joist?
that sob would get cut out, tossed on the floor and new wood installed around the plumbing

cut the 4'' bell reduce off, ram bit the 4'' hub use a 4x3 bushing and march on
if 45 did not fit then use a 22. i roll with what ever works while i am in the hole

are you worried about that notched and drilled out old termite ate up joist?
that sob would get cut out, tossed on the floor and new wood installed around the plumbing

cut the 4'' bell reduce off, ram bit the 4'' hub use a 4x3 bushing and march on
if 45 did not fit then use a 22. i roll with what ever works while i am in the hole
We must be looking at different pics. Have a good one. 👍

Latest posts

Back