Special Brass nipple

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Call a good hardware store and ask them. I don't ever remember threading that small of a nipple with our machine.

Call a good hardware store and ask them. I don't ever remember threading that small of a nipple with our machine.
That's why I said one would need an internal pipe wrench and a die to cut another 1/4" of threads on the 1/4" one cut off the 2 1/2" nipple. It would have to be done by hand. You could get a cheap flat pipe die I suppose, but "guided" dies won't wobble and cause mis-threading.

That's in a house?

Only seen something like that in Chinese restaurants but no valves in the faucet itself. Usually the water runs continuously into a trough at the back of the stove. (I fear for the plastic parts in your setup after long heat exposure.) In the picture in this thread a Chinese restaurant also has water continuously pouring down the wall.

https://www.cheftalk.com/threads/wh...product-design-this-way-or-a-leak-in-t.78689/

That's in a house?

Only seen something like that in Chinese restaurants but no valves in the faucet itself. Usually the water runs continuously into a trough at the back of the stove. (I fear for the plastic parts in your setup after long heat exposure.) In the picture in this thread a Chinese restaurant also has water continuously pouring down the wall.

https://www.cheftalk.com/threads/wh...product-design-this-way-or-a-leak-in-t.78689/
It's just used to fill a large stockpot and then folds out of the way flat against the wall. Some people may use them to add water to a pot of some kind when it is being used to cook with. I have a 900 cfm exhaust hood above the range which will be enough to pull steam/heat away from the area directly above the range. Pot fillers are being used in higher end chef kitchens without fail all over the world.

I love the look of those pot fillers. I installed one at my other house, which I'm certain added thousands of $ when I sold the house, but didn't ever use it. In fact, we completely forgot it was there after dragging the pot to the sink.

I love the look of those pot fillers. I installed one at my other house, which I'm certain added thousands of $ when I sold the house, but didn't ever use it. In fact, we completely forgot it was there after dragging the pot to the sink.
I agree, I think this one will get used about as much as yours. This is the one time we will probably get to do my wife's dream kitchen. We bought this house for the awesome garage, so I am adding anything that is needed to make her cooking dreams come true. Even if it never gets used, it adds an interesting look to the backsplash above the range which would otherwise be kinda bare!

It's just used to fill a large stockpot and then folds out of the way flat against the wall. Some people may use them to add water to a pot of some kind when it is being used to cook with. I have a 900 cfm exhaust hood above the range which will be enough to pull steam/heat away from the area directly above the range. Pot fillers are being used in higher end chef kitchens without fail all over the world.
With a range hood that large, make sure you have plenty fresh air for your furnace!

And water heater...... Negative pressure can be bad. Your faucet looks nice you did a good job. As long as your wife is happy
that is what counts

Thanks!, yes... I am aware of the issues of negative pressure with the exhaust. I have an HVAC guy who has provided me a quote and design for a makeup air system if we need it. We are on propane as the home is in the country/woods. The water heater will be switched to an electric unit as it will just be better for us with respect to lowering propane usage. We are going to evaluate the make up air system as we see how the home functions when we live there. I have a significant number of Carbon Monoxide detectors and there are some tests we can do to determine the need for a make up air system, I won't pretend to know exactly how the tests are done, but my HVAC guy says we can add a make up air system at any time... so we surely will if need be! So much can be dependent on type of usage and the speed at which the exhaust hood is run. It is a variable speed unit that gives us 300, 600 and 900 cfm. If we find most of the time we are using 300 we probably won't need a system, but it remains to be seen! Any other advice on the subject or corrections to my stated understanding of the issue is surely always welcome! Thanks guys!

Just open the kitchen window when you turn the hood on. Problem solved😬

In my initial discussions with the HVAC guy we discussed that you could just open a window, but in plumbing terms you could just not run a line to a toilet, it would work just fine carrying a bucket from the sink.

makeup air systems have many different beliefs and ways to accomplish the open window... I am really trying to weed out the most expensive options!

You could wire in a fresh air damper to open when the hood is running. Hide it behind an ac register grill in the kitchen.

Yes, I think that is one of the options... another one has to do with bringing the fresh air into the cold air exchange of the furnace, and still another is basically what you are saying but having some sort of sensor wired to the vent like you suggested, but having a pressure sensor of sorts so that it will pull fresh air only when there is a need versus making an egg for three minutes on the range and having the kitchen flooded with cold air!

Back