Shower Pan to Waste Pipe dilemna

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pipeLAID

Reaction score
I have a Manufactured Home. Yanked out a rotten broken old tub and am replacing with a Lyons Shower Pan and Wall Wrap. The pan requires a 3" Drain, and my homes waste pipe is 2" ABS.
Heres my Issue, i can't access the pipes from under the house, or from the sides, its a Back Center Drain and I'm at a loss for how we should build up the plumbing to get it all to not only fit, but while not being able to grab the pipe and use our hands to guide the pan and drain into place.
YouTube has been worthless unless I've missed something.
Any suggestions from the professionals would be welcome. I've attached a photo of how the alcove sits now with a old drain still attached, and a Install Instructions from Lyon for the Shower Pan.

Attachments

• 20230716_151322.jpg
    20230716_151322.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 1
  • Lyons_VGBLxx544219C.pdf
    325.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
You’ll need to access the piping and find 3” pipe underneath or run a new pipe around the house to the septic tank, and it must be vented.

It’s that simple to explain, maybe not easy to do. That’s how the cookie crumbles.

20230717_164001.jpg
When in doubt measure out haha. The people at Lyons told me its imperative i use a 3" down pipe from the Drain to stab the pipe

Back