Replacing my old laundry water faucets need help and tips on how to remove old faucets

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Akagmo

Reaction score
Hello, so I'm a complete newbie on plumbing and how any of these works, but I'm trying to replace my old laundry faucets and put new ones in because the current ones are leaky. I recently moved into the house and noticed the faucets leaking when I hooked up my laundry machines and turn the knobs on. Water leaks from the top part of it not where the hoses are connected at, so maybe I can just replace the knob part and replace that part instead of replaces the whole faucet. regardless of that, I'm having trouble figuring out how to take the old faucets off and install new ones if need be. I would like to completely remove the sink faucet add on and just have two separate hot and cold shut offs and none of the other extra stuff that the faucets have attached to them. I noticed that they might be soldered on, I'm not sure if I could just twist them off. But any help or tips I can get are greatly appreciated. I added some pictures of how its set up at the moment to give an idea. please let me know if there is anything I can clear up. Like I said I'm new to this so not sure the proper names for things so bare with me. I'm trying to learn more about all this stuff. Thank you

image3.jpegimage0.jpegimage1.jpegimage2.jpeg

Looks like you have galvanized water pipe or at least nipples.

That’s not good, you may end up replacing some pipe too..

If you don’t have any plumbing experience it’s might be a job you would want to hire someone to do.

You would have to see how the faucet is connected behind the wood, and if there are valves to shut off the faucet, you will probably have to remove some of the wood also
Twowaxhack is right on track with the last
Statement

The brass valves should spin off of the galvanized pipe, you'll need a pipe wrench and a good Cresent. Or two pipe wrenches even. As said above there is a possibility your piping could get damaged be prepared to get into a bigger project than you might think at first.

Latest posts

Back