Redo sweat connection?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the lead free I use. Also a Prostec turbo torch.

Attachments

• IMG_20220425_142543772.jpg
    IMG_20220425_142543772.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20220425_142657421.jpg
    IMG_20220425_142657421.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 7
I like being able to switch tips from a fine pencil point up to one the size of your thumb.

Then with the one you have the bottle is right up in the work area with you competing for space.

@Twowaxhack...

You wrote "cheap ass Home Depot torch..." ha ha

Right now I use a Bernzomatic torch. What brand would you recommend for the casual user (i.e. one who solders maybe once every 3 to 4 years)?

@Twowaxhack...

You wrote "cheap ass Home Depot torch..." ha ha

Right now I use a Bernzomatic torch. What brand would you recommend for the casual user (i.e. one who solders maybe once every 3 to 4 years)?

a cheap torch 👍

I use a B tank or Mc tank of acetylene that mixes with air in the handle.

I have two types of tips. Soft flame and the turbo style tips. Depending on the exact conditions I pick a type of tip and the size tip.

I just sold my B-tank and hose with torch head and carrying handle. I haven't used it in years. But it was nice
when I did a big copper job.

I just sold my B-tank and hose with torch head and carrying handle. I haven't used it in years. But it was nice
when I did a big copper job.
I like the selection of tips. From a fine point to a master blaster.

I have a mapp torch with a 10’ hose on it made by turbotorch. I use it when I go into attics or crawlspaces typically.

I braze 1” copper on occasion and the extra heat helps. I should buy a oxygen/acetylene rig to do my brazing but I’m on the way out, I’m retiring in a few years so no need to bother.

@Twowaxhack...
Thanks for your reply.
I guess I'll stick with my cheap-ass Bernzomatic seeing as how I prolly won't ever solder again (in this lifetime ;) ) .

Skeezix, it is like any other job, usually you buy the best tools if your planning on doing it for lots of years. In your case
I think the torch that you have will work just fine for your situation.

Back