Random plumbing pics

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, is it a usual thing to put rocks around the shutoffs (to keep dirt from building up)? Was the blanket underneath the dirt there to make moving dirt easier?

So, is it a usual thing to put rocks around the shutoffs (to keep dirt from building up)? Was the blanket underneath the dirt there to make moving dirt easier?

The customer asked me to do that with the rocks.

The blanket is to help get all the dirt back into the hole and keep the lawn looking good after I leave. In a week you won’t be able to tell I was there.

Ah. That makes sense. Good way to keep the lawn clean and nice.

Ah. That makes sense. Good way to keep the lawn clean and nice.
I also had an audience. 3 neighbors walked up and inspected my work and questioning my entire existence from where I grew up to where my mother was born. No BS.

Thankfully they all approved of me working for their neighbor 🤣

Whole lot of (in ground) access panels - down there! Guess that's typical for your area? We have 1-2 townships in a 50 miles radius that use them, most (without basements) go under slab and the meter sits in the utility room.

The meter box in the sidewalk was a mistake years ago but they left it and installed the house meter in it.

Then the water company moved the meter but left the old box to make connections for the new meter box over in the grass area.

Then the homeowners wanted an irrigation meter. So that’s why you see the third meter with a backflow device in the meter box in front of the meter.

I moved the house shut off valve from the little round access to the larger round box in front of the house potable meter.

All water meters here are outside by the street. They’re usually 6”-12” deep.

Our frost line is 2”.

It’s 9:30am here and 81 degrees with 78% humidity. Heat index of 88 right now.

By noon it’ll be over 90 with heat index into the mid 90’s. I almost melted yesterday it was so damn hot

Notice there’s no drain. It was 1.5” copper stack that transitioned to 2” drain into the slab.

I’m going to lower the drain and convert it to 2” pvc.

Sink cabinet is 36” high, under mount 10” deep sink. Garbage disposal from inlet to outlet is 10”.

So that’s 36” minus 20” is 16”, so I’ll rough my new drain in at 15-16”.

The pex pipe running to the right and up the wall is going to be a pot filler for the coffee maker station.

Look at how much stud they cut out.

Back in the days when they really did things right 🤡. Early 60’s.

Installing a 7.5 gpm Rinnai outdoor natural gas tomorrow.

I just pulled it out of the box and started piping it up.

I’ll post some pics up tomorrow.

I have to insulate the pex, For UV protection mostly. I have to put an escutcheon on the gas line.

But here it is……customer did the electrical, it’s not to code.

They have hot water and can take 2 hr showers now 🤣F6A8FFEE-CE60-4146-8F7C-2293A3D5A3B5.jpeg
Here where the old heater was. 5C9E5BA8-F0AE-4FAB-AA0A-7B89C080CBA5.jpeg

Latest posts

Back