Random plumbing pics

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here’s what this particular customers well water did to brass fittings after about 12 yrs. That grey on the pipe is latex paint.
2A3AABF2-1149-47CB-A3AF-04E6AE79EE57.jpeg8A53C4C4-F60B-4E5D-8D33-4EB37C1896EB.jpeg

Still playing in mud piles, I see!

Honestly, when I see pictures like this, all I can think of is.....OH HELL NO!

That mud was very heavy and so soupy it would run off the shovel.

90 degree heat with some humidity.

My forearms and wrists were on fire. Came home and wrapped them in ice packs for 30 minutes on and off for a few hours. Good as new 👍

The last pic is a 1 x 3/4” steel bushing they screwed into a 1” copper fip adapter to connect to a 3/4” meter.

It’s been there about 35 yrs.

The umbrella was a great idea. And yick. That fitting looks disgusting!

B8484DA4-F5C5-4AFB-B2D1-43ED09E87256.jpeg

Look at that sharkbite on that relief valve piping. Copper directly into the heater.

I take it a sharkbite isn't an approved fitting there? Could it get dislodged by pressure?

View attachment 35115

Look at that sharkbite on that relief valve piping. Copper directly into the heater.
That appears to be an optical "delusion" to me because I see the water heater's hot and cold pipes tied together at the point the "4-fitting" where the expansion tank is mounted. I need coffee.

The expansion tanks on the cold side.

There are fittings that offset the water pipes, the hot/cold water pipe didn’t line up with the water heaters inlets.

I installed the heater. The owner supplied the water heater, pan, expansion tank.

I charged him $600 labor to remove the old one, install the pan and connect the new heater.

The heater is located in the laundry room and the driveway is 10 steps from the water heater. Vacant house.

2.25 hrs time plus fittings. 3 miles from my office.

22 yr old Hotpoint 40 gal gas.

473020FB-8C9E-41B2-ABFD-4CD4D274B1FA.jpeg4F47C88A-4D1A-4A66-A6CB-2051296E2074.jpeg

It’s leaking. Contemplating on going tankless but the gas line needs upgrading.

But if they don’t turn the oven on it’ll have enough gas to run 200k BTU.

If they turn the oven on then it’s going to throw a code 🤡.

It’s a one bath house and they’re going to throttle the hot water outlet so they don’t exceed the available gas flow, if they need to. They will eventually update the gas line but can’t afford it right now.

So basically we’re going to hamstring the Unit so it can’t ask for max gas volume.

Back