Random plumbing pics

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The water heaters reminded me that I discovered there *is* a shutoff valve for mine. It's tucked away behind the water heater in a hard-to-reach spot. LOL.

New country song.

Well, I went to take a leak,
And what did I see?
The purdiest gal standing up to take a pee.
I was so cornfused
Didn’t know just what to do
So I changed my mind
Had a squat and took a poo.

I've always wondered what a tankless water heater looks like inside.

I feel like I’ve been beat with a baseball bat.

I hung a bunch of drywall for my moms shower.

Installed the light/fan combo. Went with Panasonic model

I don’t do stuff like that typically. I only do plumbing.......

But moms are different!
I’m the electrician, plumber, carpenter, drywaller (hanger and finisher), painter and marble shower installer.

ridiculous. That’s like 6 felonies in Massachusetts, that would throw Home Depot into lockdown looking for me. Bolo Errrywhere

What a fantastic son!

They have plenty of money and they spend it on my kids, so I like that. It’s more of a scheduling thing. Everyone’s busy and we want it done last week type thing.

They’re getting old and have mobility issues so it’s kind of a necessity now. The old shower was small and awkward. Seat was too small and built in.

I wish you were my son! I still need plumbing work over here. I took a look in my attic at the work my bathroom remodelers did. They used water heater strapping tape to secure my copper pipes to the wall. I went up there with my plastic knees, crawled around for an hour, removed that metal strapping and replaced all those ties with copper straps. It makes me feel a bit better, but I could imagine what would happen when those pipes started leaking from expansion/contraction.

Thanks for the pics inside water heaters. I don't know what I was expecting it to look like inside, but that was far from what I imagined.

Twowaxhack, that is very sweet of you to help your parents like that. Some people aren't willing to do that. If I had the knowledge and physical capabilities I'd be doing more around here in terms of fixing stuff up. I have knowledge of some things but its the physical ability I lack. Nice that your parents are good to the grandkids. My grandparents were tightwads and my grandma thought children should be seen & not heard and that kids shouldn't climb trees or play or have fun.

Havasu, that would annoy me. One thing that bothers me is when the supposed professionals don't use the right stuff.

As an aside, I'm starting to wonder if I should cut the end off of one of my older D-switches and JB weld it on to the existing D-switch and mount the frankenstein on the pole the old switch had been on bc the damn rod for the float lever keeps turning sideways and jamming. It has done it every single day this week. I have to keep checking on it and it's starting to piss me off. The block it's mounted to managed to shift again so the lever is to the side of the hole instead of straight over it. I'm also thinking I might need some sort of clamps to at least temporarily hold things in place and let the weld cure. Or maybe use some sort of clamps permanently just in case to hold them tight. I'm envisioning some sort of band that gets crimped in place but am open for suggestions.
I've got this style:
1645715875513.png
but the mofo is waaaay too short. I'll have to take an old one that is lying around that has the same length lever. Hmm... maybe I can drill a couple holes in both flat pieces so I can use short bolts to tether them together. One would allow movement but two might hold it together.. Still would jbweld though. I need to find the old contraption that was diy welded.

Absolute worst case I could use a strip of aluminum flat stock to extend it.

that last pic reminds me of how cluttered my workshop (and house) are. LOL.

that last pic reminds me of how cluttered my workshop (and house) are. LOL.

The first pic is my small scrap pile of crap that comes off my truck. Then it gets cleaned/sorted some (remove plastic/rubber) and taken from there to 55 gal drums in the back of my property.

Last pic is an assortment of crap that needs to be put in its place. Stuff I’ve taken off the truck for one reason or another.

Back