PEX pipe

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don’t put your fittings too close together.

Fittings too close together doesn’t allow enough pipe for freeze expansion. Then you get damage.

Protect it from UV exposure. With paint or insulation. Or both.

I will not buy Nibco pex.

I only use a rehau. Not that there aren’t other great choices, possibly better even. I find Rehau to be quality.

I always work on the Gulf of Mexico.

When I find leaking pex it’s usually a crappy brand, in a bending of the pipe and or UV or freeze damaged.
I do not like bending 90’s into pex unless it’s long long sweep. Even if the manufacture allows it.. I’ve seen problems........Make a radius twice as large as they say, or use a 90......

Last edited:
Don’t put your fittings too close together.

Fittings too close together doesn’t allow enough pipe for freeze expansion. Then you get damage.

When you say exposed to uv, that means direct sunlight? Everything I have is in between the subfloor or inside.

Protect it from UV exposure. With paint or insulation. Or both.

I will not buy Nibco pex.

I only use a rehau. Not that there aren’t other great choices, possibly better even. I find Rehau to be quality.

I always work on the Gulf of Mexico.

When I find leaking pex it’s usually a crappy brand, in a bending of the pipe and or UV or freeze damaged.
I do not like bending 90’s into pex unless it’s long long sweep. Even if the manufacture allows it.. I’ve seen problems........Make a radius twice as large as they say, or use a 90......

Back