Old Moen Shower Diverter

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morses

Reaction score
Hey guys first time poster here =)
I'd be glad if anyone could help me with my problem, it is mainly finding out how to acquire the necessary part.
So right now I have a straight diverter for the shower head, my problem is that there is a knob-like thing missing, the patent description calls it a packing ring. So it should fit in the groove. Without this, the diverter is extremely hard to use and I would need to use something like pliers while i shower T_T.
So I'm looking on how to get this packing ring or how I can solve this problem.
The first image is my current config, and the 2nd image shows the patent of diverter with the ring.
The 2nd thing sticking out is the diverter, I push it in for the water to go up to the shower head, pull it out for the water to go from the bottom spout.
Much thanks to anyone who can help me out!
imag0103wkqa.jpg

packing.png

What is the make of the shower cartridge??

a picture of the trim would help.

You are aware that the image you posted of "diverter valve" is fairly irrelevant as it appears to be an early patent ( 1926 ) .

I'll guess its a delta....

That is a old Moen valve. Haven't seen one like that in a long time. In most cases Moen will ship replacement parts free of charge. You could try calling there 800#. If you don't have any luck with them here is a site you can get a replacement part from. It appears there were two different sizes made. You may have to remove yours to measure it.

http://www.plumbingpartsdepot.com/moentrol.pdf

John

Thanks alot john! That expanded view was pretty useful.

Back