Pressure?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rodrigo Ibañez

Reaction score
Hi there, i will try to explain this as easy as possible.

I have a bathroom with two sinks, both sinks have 2 shut off valves below (hot and cold) the sink on the left has no pressure on the cold water when I open the faucet. I thought it was the valve, changed the valve and it was the same.

However, when i run the right sink cold water, which has pressure, and open the left sink cold water both run perfectly. If i close the right sink cold water, the left side losses all pressure the moment i close it.

Any ideas?

Hi there, i will try to explain this as easy as possible.

I have a bathroom with two sinks, both sinks have 2 shut off valves below (hot and cold) the sink on the left has no pressure on the cold water when I open the faucet. I thought it was the valve, changed the valve and it was the same.

However, when i run the right sink cold water, which has pressure, and open the left sink cold water both run perfectly. If i close the right sink cold water, the left side losses all pressure the moment i close it.

Any ideas?
Did it ever work properly?

Not sure if it ever worked properly, it is a rental.
I did try disconnecting the hose and dripping to a bucket. Same thing happens. Once you open the cold line on the right sink, the pressure to the left is returned. But as soon as you close it, it stops again.

Need a picture of the sink supply piping and the sink faucets.
Hope this helps.
Both sinks look the same from the top.
7813 is the under sink of the one that only runs when the other faucet is open.

Attachments

• IMG_7812.jpeg
    IMG_7812.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7813.jpeg
    IMG_7813.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7820.jpeg
    IMG_7820.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
This appears to be a picture of a single sink. How is the second sink tied in? (Whoever invented that lash-up may have been involved in developing the IBM Selectric Typewriter or the Model 43 Teletype or were on LSD!)

(You did clarify that both sinks are the same. My bad.)

Last edited:
Based on the pictures I can't see a reason why it would do that. Does the hot do the same thing?

Back