Inaccessible pipe: clipping vs support

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phloaw

Reaction score
Hi, I managed to push two 15mm pex pipes through the underfloor space of a second floor. They go (on a straight run between two parallel joists) from a hole in the floorboard (18mm thick) under an existing radiator to another hole in the contiguous room's floorboard, ready to attach a new radiator.
Therefore, the pipe portion in the roughly two metre distance between the two holes is currently inaccessible, and merely rests on the lower floor's ceiling.

Would that be enough support? Or should I add clips along the inaccessible part to avoid problems on the long run?

Thanks.

PS: I can add a lagging sleeve to the inaccessible pipe portion, if that helps.

Can you see into this portion of piping? The problem would be random nails or screws that are waiting to rub through the pipe.

If at all possible I would like to feed the pex through a PVC conduit. This would add shielding and support.

If the are not any nails or screws the next thing would be plaster or any kind of similar product that the pex could rub onto over time.

Can you see into this portion of piping? The problem would be random nails or screws that are waiting to rub through the pipe.

If at all possible I would like to feed the pex through a PVC conduit. This would add shielding and support.

If the are not any nails or screws the next thing would be plaster or any kind of similar product that the pex could rub onto over time.

That makes a lot of sense. I can't source a suitable conduit, but I could buy 22mm pex pipe to slide the (uninsulated) 15mm pipe into as a protection. Do you think it would fit? Thanks!

I'm not sure on euro sizing. But insulation itself would work as a buffer too.

Back