Quantcast

Dishwasher hose broken

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

gus1

Reaction score
Hello,
Looking for some help to repair my Samsung dishwasher drain hose. Started getting LE (leakage) error codes. Pulled dishwasher out and immediately noticed broken hose fitting connection. I'm not sure exactly what I need to repair this. I have both Lowes and Home Depot and Ace Hardware near by. The black hose says JONES MFG - HH50 ANSI/AHAM DW-1 on it. The black hose goes to the sink drain. Both black and grey hoses are in good condition. I don't even know what diameter these hoses are nor how to measure that.

What is this connector part called?
A replacement link to Lowes, Home Depot, Ace would help.

The connector has a very bad tear as you can see:

dishwasher hose connector.jpg

gus1

Reaction score
Well looks like I should have just disassembled the hose to learn more. Turns out that is is one piece with the corrugated hose section. That is why I couldn't find the connector part replacement. I started to disconnect what looked to me like a connector adapter and it was all glued together and the corrugated hose started to rip apart and unraveled.

Hope this helps someone else... Just get the entire hose replaced!

I'm thinking this part will work:

gus1

Reaction score
UPDATE: I do not recommend the Lowes replacement part brand Eastman that claims to be "Universal drain hose." It does not work! The connection end to the dishwasher was too large and I used the supplied tightening metal hose ring worm gear thingy. I made sure it was snug but I was careful to not go too tight because I didn't want to stress and crack the plastic connector on the dishwasher. I tugged and it held. It seemed good. But ran a test cycle and water went everywhere out of this drain connection. It just doesn't form a good seal. The rubber is too hard and reducing the diameter with the hose clamp worm gear ring thingy is just not effective. I will be returning this $18 part to Lowes.

Unfortunately the official OEM part is unavailable on Amazon prime nor from any other online supplier in any quick shipping unless you pay like $23 for a $47 part. Ouch! Shipping times quoted are 1 and half weeks to 2 weeks. This is ridiculous! I guess I'll be doing dishes by hand for the next week or so. I did find a seller on eBay that had the part for $30 including shipping and that was way less than anyone else. Picture showed OEM part number from Samsung and the description mentioned it was OEM. I'll take my gamble as this was the most reasonable price and quickest shipping I could find of about 1 week.

There are several part numbers for this Samsung part. Apparently the newest version part number for my washer is:
DD81-02331A

Good luck to anyone else with this problem. Save yourself the hassle and skip the Lowes part.

Last edited:

Riickk

Reaction score
Because it was dirt cheap, I bought a caliper, measures inner & outer diameter of pipe, diameter of a bolt, etc., etc. -Under $2 at Harbor Freight. Has made my repair life much easier, since I don't have to make eyeball estimates anymore.
KALIPER__2.JPG