Dishwasher hose broken

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gus1

Reaction score
Hello,
Looking for some help to repair my Samsung dishwasher drain hose. Started getting LE (leakage) error codes. Pulled dishwasher out and immediately noticed broken hose fitting connection. I'm not sure exactly what I need to repair this. I have both Lowes and Home Depot and Ace Hardware near by. The black hose says JONES MFG - HH50 ANSI/AHAM DW-1 on it. The black hose goes to the sink drain. Both black and grey hoses are in good condition. I don't even know what diameter these hoses are nor how to measure that.

What is this connector part called?
A replacement link to Lowes, Home Depot, Ace would help.

The connector has a very bad tear as you can see:

dishwasher hose connector.jpg

Well looks like I should have just disassembled the hose to learn more. Turns out that is is one piece with the corrugated hose section. That is why I couldn't find the connector part replacement. I started to disconnect what looked to me like a connector adapter and it was all glued together and the corrugated hose started to rip apart and unraveled.

Hope this helps someone else... Just get the entire hose replaced!

I'm thinking this part will work:
https://www.lowes.com/pd/EASTMAN-8-...olypropylene-Dishwasher-Drain-Hose/1000096784

UPDATE: I do not recommend the Lowes replacement part brand Eastman that claims to be "Universal drain hose." It does not work! The connection end to the dishwasher was too large and I used the supplied tightening metal hose ring worm gear thingy. I made sure it was snug but I was careful to not go too tight because I didn't want to stress and crack the plastic connector on the dishwasher. I tugged and it held. It seemed good. But ran a test cycle and water went everywhere out of this drain connection. It just doesn't form a good seal. The rubber is too hard and reducing the diameter with the hose clamp worm gear ring thingy is just not effective. I will be returning this $18 part to Lowes.

Unfortunately the official OEM part is unavailable on Amazon prime nor from any other online supplier in any quick shipping unless you pay like $23 for a $47 part. Ouch! Shipping times quoted are 1 and half weeks to 2 weeks. This is ridiculous! I guess I'll be doing dishes by hand for the next week or so. I did find a seller on eBay that had the part for $30 including shipping and that was way less than anyone else. Picture showed OEM part number from Samsung and the description mentioned it was OEM. I'll take my gamble as this was the most reasonable price and quickest shipping I could find of about 1 week.

There are several part numbers for this Samsung part. Apparently the newest version part number for my washer is:
DD81-02331A

Good luck to anyone else with this problem. Save yourself the hassle and skip the Lowes part.

Last edited:
Because it was dirt cheap, I bought a caliper, measures inner & outer diameter of pipe, diameter of a bolt, etc., etc. -Under $2 at Harbor Freight. Has made my repair life much easier, since I don't have to make eyeball estimates anymore.
KALIPER__2.JPG

UPDATE: I do not recommend the Lowes replacement part brand Eastman that claims to be "Universal drain hose." It does not work! The connection end to the dishwasher was too large and I used the supplied tightening metal hose ring worm gear thingy. I made sure it was snug but I was careful to not go too tight because I didn't want to stress and crack the plastic connector on the dishwasher. I tugged and it held. It seemed good. But ran a test cycle and water went everywhere out of this drain connection. It just doesn't form a good seal. The rubber is too hard and reducing the diameter with the hose clamp worm gear ring thingy is just not effective. I will be returning this $18 part to Lowes.

Unfortunately the official OEM part is unavailable on Amazon prime nor from any other online supplier in any quick shipping unless you pay like $23 for a $47 part. Ouch! Shipping times quoted are 1 and half weeks to 2 weeks. This is ridiculous! I guess I'll be doing dishes by hand for the next week or so. I did find a seller on eBay that had the part for $30 including shipping and that was way less than anyone else. Picture showed OEM part number from Samsung and the description mentioned it was OEM Samsung instruction, support. I'll take my gamble as this was the most reasonable price and quickest shipping I could find of about 1 week.

There are several part numbers for this Samsung part. Apparently the newest version part number for my washer is:
DD81-02331A

Good luck to anyone else with this problem. Save yourself the hassle and skip the Lowes part.
Our Samsung that came with our house crapped out and now we are looking at dishwashers. From what I've heard and read, it's kind of like Tripadvisor where one people can post a positive review then another person can post a negative review. We are looking at the following brands: -LG - cheaper - I've heard they feel cheap but they run fine and clean the dishes fine. I've read on reddit and other places that reliability may not be its strongest suit. -Whirlpool/Maytag/etc (My brother has a Anama and it's 8 years old with few problems). The repair guy suggested a Whirlpool one, I assume because either he gets something for the suggestion or parts are easier to come by. -Bosch (my parents have always had them but they have a much higher income than us). But then again my in-laws had a Bosch and after 4 years, it crapped out. Our budget is about $1,000 to $1,200. My wife prefers $1,000 or under because to her, a dishwasher is a dishwasher is a dishwasher - her logic is if my brother's cheap Anama had no problems for 8 years then why should we buy a more expensive one. I would really like a basic Bosch 300 Series but they total about $1,350 taxes included which makes me a bit queasy because we are trying to not live extravagantly because my wife is looking to work part time in order to spend more time with our toddler/future kids. I haven't found any on sale anywhere and quite a few "not in stock" labels on websites. Any thoughts?

Lowes had a spectacular Memorial Day Sale with the Bosch 800 series dishwashers at $799. The other models were less. The Ascenta/100 series is $549 normal price and carried the best ratings from Consumers Reports.

Wait for a sale…

I went with a Kitchenaid with an SS interior. Very pleased with its performance... It is the lower end of the SS models.
Sales/repair guy said the SS dries dishes better, as it uses higher heat than the plastic chamber models ... more durable, too.

I went with a Kitchenaid with an SS interior. Very pleased with its performance... It is the lower end of the SS models.
Sales/repair guy said the SS dries dishes better, as it uses higher heat than the plastic chamber models ... more durable, too.
Haha one of my clients had some plastic tub dishwasher. The tub melted around the drying element…

Look CLOSELY at at any extended warranty you're offered. I bought an inexpensive Bosch, and went for the extended warranty -then read the contract- and returned the warranty! The fine print at the very last paragraph of the contract said their "limit of liability" was the retail value of the dishwasher at time of the required repair.
So, what do you figure a 2 - 3 year old (used) dishwasher would bring? Some coverage, eh?

"The BIG PRINT giveth, and the SMALL PRINT taketh away"

Our LG dishwasher threw an "LE" code yesterday after roaring like a lion. Unlike the Samsung above, the LG's "LE" code means the motor has or is failing. This will be the third motor, entire sump assembly actually, to be in this dishwasher. My wife has agreed to oversee the installation by yours truly to make sure I don't leave any parts out.

I double Tom's recommendation - Bosch all the way. I don't "run" a normal family (they actually run me). I've raised 11 (please, no comments ;)). and now have a couple of boom-a-rangs and my elderly in-laws live up the street who we provide dinner several times / week. To say we use dishwashers is an understatement. Think dog years on our dishwashers. Up until the Bosch, the best dishwasher I had ever owned was a Lady Kenmore Deluxe - it would clean anything, but I'm going back 30 years. Our current Bosch is as good, you cannot hear it at all, and we have the little light on the floor.

When we remodeled, we simply re-used the existing dishwasher. We also added a Bosch refrigerator that is doing well. Because we use our kitchen so heavily - at least 2 loads per day, we never go cheap on the dishwasher. That said, never ever buy a Samsun appliance. Samsung cannot even build a decent laptop and to my knowledge, they are the only company to have ever been forced to have a nationwide recall on their refrigerators. They look nice, but that's it.

Latest posts

Back