Dishwasher hose broken

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What the heck is wrong with it? Bad design? Poor quality wire or insulation? Bad quality control? Electric motors are a (very) mature technology. The only electric motors I've ever had die on me have been in refrigerator or airconditioner compressors, or in one case, a refrigerator air-circulation fan. Simple pump motor dying? Shouldn't happen.

The poor quality of the power supply and lightning.

Lightning s a big killer here.

I have a customer that had a lightning strike and lost every major appliance and most small ones in his house. Some of the house had to be re-wired.
It almost blew a hole in his range flex line.
63B9732E-C7DF-44AC-A28F-BCE340ADDC27.jpeg

What the heck is wrong with it? Bad design? Poor quality wire or insulation? Bad quality control? Electric motors are a (very) mature technology. The only electric motors I've ever had die on me have been in refrigerator or airconditioner compressors, or in one case, a refrigerator air-circulation fan. Simple pump motor dying? Shouldn't happen.
Bad design of the motor I suspect. The motor is a flat pancake affair with exposed windings and what appear to be bronze sleeve bearings that are just adequate enough to get it past the 1-yr warranty period. The newest iteration seems to have been redesigned and is now completely enclosed.

As luck would have it, I destroyed the dishwasher's corrugated drain hose assembly and will now have to wait until Friday for Amazon to deliver it. It's not simply a piece of tubing but, rather, an over engineered four piece assembly that appears to be adding a high loop to the drain system in case the installer fails to provide a high loop under the sink before dumping into the garbage disposal.

Never again!

Back