Delta Shower Valve Stiff

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhqpzjg

Reaction score
Hey Folks,

I've much appreciated help received here in the past and have gotten some really great insight, so I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this situation. I have a Delta ball valve style shower valve. I installed a ball repair kit several years ago. Since that time, its been a bit more stiff than the original valve. I never found it to be a problem in use, but now I have an older mother who has arthritis using the shower. She has significant trouble adjusting the valve, as a result.

That story aside, I'm wondering if the stiffness in the valve is something that could be resolved. Is the ball slightly larger than the original? Could it have been an aftermarket kit that was slightly off in the size? Is it something I did in the installation? Is the threaded collar that holds the ball in too tight? Something else I'm not thinking of?

I haven't removed the escutcheon at this time, but have an outside photo below. I can certainly provide more if its helpful.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Jason

File_001.jpg

Latest posts

Back