Ceiling Leak

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
deer-eating-popcorn.gif

Thanks everyon , steelhead fishing today... Planing on openingit up again aand will post pics

Here's what I got.. No water stains on the back side of drywall... Nothing looks damaged.

1417791845794.jpg

So it has to be at the bend that is going down the drain pipe. There is no evidence of leakage there though. The down pipe is saturated, son it has to be going down there or below there..

Got it!! Malfunction in the pipe.... Been like this for years? That black piece is where the water is comingout

IMG_20141205_113603.jpg

I only see a small black speck. Is this what you are referring to? Was it a nail/screw hole?

It seems like that's where it was wrapped up or a fork lift hit or something

I put this stuff on it... Recommend by a plumbing store... Pc 11

1417803330651.jpg

Well, I'm no plumber myself but wouldn't trust any type of glue such as that. How about cutting out the bad spot and adding a Fernco flexible coupling?

Well the stuff is on.. Re drywall every spot except that one for now... Well see in 36. Hours

NO NO NO NO NO!!!! if you want to cut that sheet rock again in about a year. gord head and use that crap

if not, http://www.fernco.com/plumbing/shielded-couplings/proflex-couplings

ask the guy at your local plumbing supply for a plastic x plastic band. get two.

measure between your cut. the subtract 1/4" from your tight to tight measurement
slide the band over the pipe, put the rubber on . fold the rubber back on both ends and put the pipe in place
fold the rubber down, slide the band over the rubber. tighten the band by going from one nut back and forth
DO NOT tighten one band at a time, tighten all of them together

Last edited:
Got it!! Malfunction in the pipe.... Been like this for years? That black piece is where the water is comingout

I have never seen that piping before. I google searched it, and it seems that it is or has been made in a thin wall version with the same ID as Sch 40 pipe, just a smaller OD. I am wondering if that would even be code compliant piping?

Latest posts

Back