Ceiling Leak

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just checked the current Florida code, and it does list such a pipe as being an approved pipe for above ground drainage, waste, and vent pipe.

Should I just take a sawzall to it and cut enough out to slip that thing over it? Here is the gash cleaned up before I put that epoxy stuff on...

IMG_20141205_122029.jpg

So the drywall is touching the pipe. . Will there still be room if I put a sleeve on still? Seems like there would be no room to do that

The one I put non is wrong? I didnt put the one on that you posted

the one you put on, does not fit, look at it.

is that a drain or a vent?

if its a drain in needs to have a smooth drain way inside or it will catch stuff and clog up

the band i posted wil give you that correct fit. it is also thinner, which will help with your sheet rock problem

The inside was smooth... This is a pic of the label. I did test it and no leak.. It is a drain from tub/shower

1417962084276.jpg

1417962059901.jpg

I guess I will go get the correct one. The home depot has some. Sigh the od is 3.25. This one iI got seemed big and it was 3x3. I want to get the correct one so do you know what size to get?

It looks like the difference is sheilded vs. Flexible?

Back