Ceiling Leak

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K, thanks for the help. I'll go see if I can find one now. Plumbing store closed toda . So have to go corporate

At the hardware store. ... It seems like the ridge on the inside would have stuff building up non it overtime?... Guess I'll still pick it up. Part number p3005-33

Oh great, the piece I cut out front the pipe is too big for that piece to fit. Now what?

Seems like no choice but to use the black one. When I read the description for both of them they appear similar and it looks like preference?

Damn! Well the piece I cut out is basically waste because of the cuts in it.. What's the downside of using this black one? No water leaks?

the inside of your pipe, you want smooth and free of places where crap can get hung up.
if it is not smooth, a small hair with sticky soap will fall into the crack, then another, another till you have a clog

by cutting out a section, you have a spot, where you have created a potential hair ball trap.

your house, do as you see fit

to fix it, you need to cut a section of pipe out..5' minimum in length. he cut needs to be square. not a crooked snagle tooth cut

then. you measure the opening, between the pipes. lets say its 6". then you subtrack 1/4" making the cut piece 5 3/4" long

the 1/4" that is subtracked, is for that little rib you were concerned about earlier, 1/8" subtracted from each end is 1/4" total

take the pipe you cut. put a rubber on each end, fold the rubber, that goes over the pipe in the wall, back over the cut pipe

push this pipe and rubbers into the 6" opening . move it around ..fold the rubers down. move it to line it up

put the bands over the rubber, tighten to 60 ft lbs

doing it this way, you have no nooks or craneys for hair, poop, soap to acumulate

scan0001.jpg

I finally understand what your talking about. Thanks for all your in Site. You guys are great. My wife's favorite part of all this was the deer eating the popcorn. I'll take it from here. Thanks again!

Okay. The drain pipe that goes to the basement is wet regardless of shower ortub. I made a drawing of to were I believe everything located. The brown halo does look like its below the sinks but they are rareley used. I also have another white hallow below the toilet from what I believe was a previous leak that was resolved before we bought the house. Anyways, where should I start the cutting?

If I was you I'd call a reputable plumber, hard to trouble shoot a situation like that. What you'd pay a plumber to repair may be a lot cheaper than you making a bunch of holes, finding the leak and having to call a plumber, drywaller, taper and painter. It's not worth much but it's my two cents.
Btw.... A good plumber will know where to start looking before making holes

Okay. The drain pipe that goes to the basement is wet regardless of shower ortub. I made a drawing of to were I believe everything located. The brown halo does look like its below the sinks but they are rareley used. I also have another white hallow below the toilet from what I believe was a previous leak that was resolved before we bought the house. Anyways, where should I start the cutting?

If I was you, I'd call a reputable plumber, it may end up being cheaper for you rather than you making a bunch of holes, find a leak and
Btw.... A good plumber will know where to start looking before making holes

My bad, first day here and didn't realize there were more pages to the thread. Please don't arrest me

Go easy on him....he's a Leafs fan....he doesn't know any better.

I'm not sure if anyone else will get the reference though....at least there's another Canadian now lol

Latest posts

Back