Building a BBQ/Bar in my back yard.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That does it. I'm going to forge the river today and search for a nice tri tip, duplicating Chris' recipe for dinner tonight.

It sucks that they just came off sale. They were 1.99 a pound at Ralphs last week. I picked one up at Stator Bros and it 4.99 a pound last night.

It took about twice the work as good concrete would have and I still don't like it 100%. That and some how my forms got a little off and it slopes just a tad more than I wanted but I think I am stuck with that now.

Plant a fast growing tree next to where it's sloped to much and eventually the roots will push it up.:D

Way back before I bought my home someone expanded my concrete patio and used crap concrete. It was probably mostly sand and gravel because it's crumbling and falling apart.

Your patio is lookin' good. When's the Grand Opening Party?

I walked my wife through this thread and she is utterly amazed at how great this turned out... :) Now I have more pull toward her letting me do something cool in our backyard...

I have been working on this for about a year and a half and don't have much more than a grand into it. So figure sink a hundred bucks every month or so and you will have something sweet in no time. Also ask everyone you know and search CL and do what you can to find materials cheap they are usually the killer. Most of my stuff was free or dirt cheap.

Well my new grass loved all the rain we got and has already grown about an inch.

Just wanted to rub it in that tomorrow night is Tri Tip and Chili night all made at the bar.

Just want to brag, I'm still eating soup, and I'm hungry immediately after eating.

Try a thicker soup. How much weight have you lost?

None, it's only been a four days.

I tried that, still hurts, I'm having a hard time eating nd not moving the food to the left side of my ,mouth. I tried eating over boiled spaghetti last night nd it hurt. It's not overwhelming, but it's inconvenient.

So here is a little update. I tore down the rest of the old patio and tossed up a new one, Still waiting on my Galv rain gutter.

Back yard 4-5-11.jpg

BTW that wooden bowl sink I made over a year ago still looks new and work flawlessly.

So here is a little update. I tore down the rest of the old patio and tossed up a new one, Still waiting on my Galv rain gutter.

I envy your skill.

Back