Building a BBQ/Bar in my back yard.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is normally between 95-110 here in the summer and is not to bad in the shade but we don't have to much humidity so it doesn't feel to bad. In Florida you would probably die in that heat.

100 degrees? Eff dat! That is like swimming in a pot of boiling water around here.

It can be down here too. At least it's not 110... right now.

It is normally between 95-110 here in the summer and is not to bad in the shade but we don't have to much humidity so it doesn't feel to bad. In Florida you would probably die in that heat.

I Florida I would die from the heat.

Got some work done, I have been neglecting it over the last year or so. My wooden bowl sink was showing a lot of wear and the clear was chipping off. I sanded the bowl and re did it along with installing a new faucet and then started the siding on the inside of the BBQ area.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Wow!
The cement counters are very impressive. The wooden bowl sink is beautiful!
What an adorable dog checking out your work!
I also love that boat. I get seasick but I still love boats.
The lights on the underside of the bar are a great touch!
I really love the touch of you making it look like you did a star in tile out of concrete. I didn't even realize you could do that with concrete.

I put the bowl sink on pinterest. If you had the time it would be awesome if you could get video footage of the yard and walk around so we could get the full view-- but only if you felt like it.

Some shots of the current version would be great. I'd love to see how it looks. I wish I knew how to share this on Houzz because it is so cool!

Everything Chris does is impressive. The man is a master craftsman.

Wow!
The cement counters are very impressive. The wooden bowl sink is beautiful!
What an adorable dog checking out your work!
I also love that boat. I get seasick but I still love boats.
The lights on the underside of the bar are a great touch!
I really love the touch of you making it look like you did a star in tile out of concrete. I didn't even realize you could do that with concrete.

I put the bowl sink on pinterest. If you had the time it would be awesome if you could get video footage of the yard and walk around so we could get the full view-- but only if you felt like it.

Some shots of the current version would be great. I'd love to see how it looks. I wish I knew how to share this on Houzz because it is so cool!

Thanks, I really do need to get some recent pics of it, I have been doing some work and it is looking better.

Everything Chris does is impressive. The man is a master craftsman.

Either that or I have ADHD and can't stop working on things.

Thanks, I really do need to get some recent pics of it, I have been doing some work and it is looking better.

Either that or I have ADHD and can't stop working on things.

I wish I had had that sort of OCD. I seem to be the opposite. I either can't start on things or can't finish. I'm such a procrastinator. This gives me some motivation though.

I would settle for that form of ADD.

It's nice in ways and sucks in others

Yeah. My father was like that. He was almost always working to the point that it was detrimental to his health.

I used to work on projects with him. For the most part my job was to keep him company, stay out of the way, give him words of affirmation, hand him things, hold things steady (which didn't always go so well since I'm completely uncoordinated), offer suggestions, etc. And of course I could always go make tea. There were a few times when I inadvertently got in the way and ended up getting hit with a board like in the Three Stooges. We had a few good laughs over that.

I liked the view of your back yard area from the removed wall section in the "what are you doing today" thread. I would love to see how it turns out when finished.

Seeing other people's projects in progress and finished makes me feel good.

I think I love pictures almost as much as phishfood loves beer. :D

My entire family works like that. We are some how exceptionally long lived. Average age of death is like 95. Most work until their late 70's. My great aunt was forced to stop working at 93 because she moved.

My entire family works like that. We are some how exceptionally long lived. Average age of death is like 95. Most work until their late 70's. My great aunt was forced to stop working at 93 because she moved.

I need to meet more people like that. LOL.

My family is not very long-lived. My paternal grandfather died at 62, my aunt died at 54, my father died at 61. I think my paternal grandmother was in her 70s when she died. My mother's side lives longer. I think my grandmother lived to be 80 but my grandfather died in his 70s.

Oops, this has gotten off topic. LOL.

I'm hoping Chris will feel well enough to post pictures soon.

I need to meet more people like that. LOL.

My family is not very long-lived. My paternal grandfather died at 62, my aunt died at 54, my father died at 61. I think my paternal grandmother was in her 70s when she died. My mother's side lives longer. I think my grandmother lived to be 80 but my grandfather died in his 70s.

Oops, this has gotten off topic. LOL.

I'm hoping Chris will feel well enough to post pictures soon.

No one goes to their grave saying "I wish I had worked more.".

I try to keep that in mind.

Latest posts

Back