What's the weather like where you are?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My daughter developed MRSA while at the hospital visiting a sick friend. Her leg turned black and the hospital marked her up like a snake bite. They said if it hit her knee, they were going to amputate. Fortunately, it stopped 1" below her knee. She was off work for 6 months, laying on my damn couch the entire time!

Drummer.gif

Chris made a funny and deserves a drum roll!

21, I recently found out my weather source sucks, but I'm not changing to something without profanity.

This thread has been all over the place so when you typed "21", I had no idea what the hell you were talking about. I had to read the topic and then I went....oh!

Today is so nice I believe I am going to take a drive to Laguna Beach and take my 87 year old aunt to lunch at the beach!

My daughter developed MRSA while at the hospital visiting a sick friend. Her leg turned black and the hospital marked her up like a snake bite. They said if it hit her knee, they were going to amputate. Fortunately, it stopped 1" below her knee. She was off work for 6 months, laying on my damn couch the entire time!

I've had it, it never got that bad though.

This thread has been all over the place so when you typed "21", I had no idea what the hell you were talking about. I had to read the topic and then I went....oh!

Today is so nice I believe I am going to take a drive to Laguna Beach and take my 87 year old aunt to lunch at the beach!

That sounds like fun.

Don't bust your diet.

Unfortunately my aunt is busy, so my workout schedule has not changed. I'm down 42 pounds, with 8 more to go. I just want to know why I still have a jiggle belly? Back to topic, today is about as nice as I have seen in months. Really clear, crisp 78 degree weather.

It was nice today for all the 16 hours I worked. I'm beat. You should have come by and gave me a hand painting.

Well I am done out there. I guess the guy I was working with had a disagreement with the owner and now we have pulled off and been told we are not getting paid for this week. Great only 53 hours of pay gone.

I did the lion's share of a side job that I have 40 hours into that I am still waiting on payment on. Last I heard from the guy just above me in the "chain", the guy at the top of the chain hadn't got around to invoicing the builder yet.

So, I feel your pain. Though I will probably eventually get paid, it sounds like you won't. That bites.

I sat down with the owners after all this happened because they really liked me and my work. They wanted me to finish the job but didn't want to pay for this last week because the guy I was working for went over their budget and they felt that since he did that without telling them then they shouldn't have to pay for anything. I told them that if they paid me and my helper for the last week I would be happy to finish the project and they said no that they wanted to start fresh and just forget about last week. So I think I would rather cut my loses and move on.

Can't you file for a construction lien, or threaten them with small claim's court to recoup the losses? It just doesn't seem right.

I am going to check into the lien, It wasn't my project I was just an hourly employee on this one and my license doesn't cover what we were doing so I don't want to bring it into the equation. I am hoping I can do something about it because I guess this place is still in some sort of escrow and that would just ruin them if they didn't take care of it.

But yess your friends would be helpful. The problem with these people is that they think they are in the right and there is nothing we can do to get paid.

So far I was able to get my guy paid from the guy I worked for but it doesn't look good for me. I hate people.

Back