What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife has a herniated disc in her neck, and her doc wrote up an MRI referral for her 6 months ago. She made the appointment, and the first thing the MRI place wanted to know was the Medicare code on the referral. It was read off and said the numbers were not good. She called the doc back and it was resent with the correct code. Again, it was flagged due to improper coding. She finally got pissed and called Medicare directly for the proper code, and after an hour on the phone, they came up with the proper number and Medicare submitted the paperwork to the MRI place. Yet, once again, the MRI kicked back the paperwork to the doctor saying this was also the incorrect code. She contacted the billing department at the MRI place and spoke to the billing person, asking for the proper code. The lady said this information was confidential, and referred her back to her doctor. He doctor then called the MRI billing lady asking for the proper code and they told my doctor it was not up to her to tell her the proper code, and she would need to consult with Medicare.

3 weeks later, we still have no MRI scheduled, the doctor has given up, the MRI refuses to book my wife, and Medicare insists the number they provided was the correct number.

Although we have the top of the line insurance, but being over 65, the insurance will not pay unless it is approved by Medicare, so we are stuck in the middle with no help.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is what has happened to our Medical system as a result of Obamacare.
Unfortunately, this is all tooo familiar to me! The usual gang of suspects? Yes, medicare and the ignorant, uncaring billing personal in the various clinics. It seems they were the vangard of the retarded DEI ideology!
Also, had the round robin of resolving the infamous coding of medicare and the clinics myopia! Had one session with Mayo! They never accepted ny version (medicare's and my supplemental). Finally, with my unwavering attempts to have them drop the bill, they threw up the white flag and disapoeared.

Speaking of the wife's dilemma, someone in Medicare realized this issue could be the beginning of a major malpractice lawsuit for whoever dropped the ball. She got a call yesterday morning from a high ranking Medicare professional saying to call a specific number to get her MRI. She made a call, and are meeting her privately this morning at the MRI Imaging Center at 10AM this morning to give her the needed MRI. Sometimes, the squeaking wheel does get the grease.

Speaking of the wife's dilemma, someone in Medicare realized this issue could be the beginning of a major malpractice lawsuit for whoever dropped the ball. She got a call yesterday morning from a high ranking Medicare professional saying to call a specific number to get her MRI. She made a call, and are meeting her privately this morning at the MRI Imaging Center at 10AM this morning to give her the needed MRI. Sometimes, the squeaking wheel does get the grease.
Very unusual for them to give in. I am glad they did. Hope they will be able to see how to correct the disc. 95 % they want to cut and fuse.
I have one in my lower back, they want to cut me open on my belly side, remove the disc, flip me over , cut me back open and fuse me.
I said, no thank you. Currently using decompression which is working.

Very unusual for them to give in. I am glad they did. Hope they will be able to see how to correct the disc. 95 % they want to cut and fuse.
I have one in my lower back, they want to cut me open on my belly side, remove the disc, flip me over , cut me back open and fuse me.
I said, no thank you. Currently using decompression which is working.
Decompression! Haven’t heard of that for years! I’ve been advised to have spinal fusion to address my spondylolisthesis. Have to recheck decompression.

Decompression! Haven’t heard of that for years! I’ve been advised to have spinal fusion to address my spondylolisthesis. Have to recheck decompression.
It's kind of like being put on the rack. Attach a harness around your chest and one around your hips. The chest one is attached to a table, the hips are attached to the machine. Set the machine for about 1/2 your weight. And it pulls for 60 seconds, and let's off for 20... for 15-20 minutes. Stretches you.. pulls those disc's apart.

Also, be aware a fusion will lead to more fusions as the surrounding bones degenerate from the screws being put into them. My regular Dr. Told me to make it my last option as the kneading cause of back surgeries... is back surgery. And it's like a year recovery , if your lucky, and your still in pain to some amount, and sometimes worse.

Latest posts

Back