What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey Matt, Hope it's not to serious.

Does that mean you're going to spend more time here.

This is what I have been dealing with for maybe 6 weeks now.

One of my dogs having trouble with an ear.

First a tube in the ear for a week to drain it, then 2 weeks it came back.
Then surgery and 3 weeks later it started to come back just when it was looking good.

So they wrapped his head to keep him from shaking his ear.
So far it looks good.
Little fella is 13yrs old, 90% blind, and a bad liver with a tumor growing on it.

IMG_1088.JPG

IMG_1552.JPG

Awww. Poor Domino. My cat had that happen to his ear. It eventually shriveled up. The vet said it would eventually just shrivel anyway and there was an expensive surgery to put a button in or something, but I thought it would be painful and annoying to the cat so I opted not to get that. It would not have saved the ear. They said the draining doesn't usually work because it just keeps filling. My kitty has cauliflower ear now, but he doesn't care.

I hope Domino will get feeling better soon.

I hope everything goes good with the doggie. I hate seeing an animal suffer. I would cut my arm off it it meant an animal not being in pain. Please update us and feel free to post more pictures :)

I went to the Dr, strained ligament in my shoulder. Not a full tear which is good news, it just means it's gonna be sore for a while. I can deal with that.

Work wise, it's funny how service calls go sometimes. I went on a "quick" service call to replace an 1 1/2" ball valve. No indication why it needs to be replaced. So whatever, I grab a valve and go. I find the valve is split.....hmmm....time to ask some questions.

The service call is in the bathrooms of a campground. I was told they shut the heat off over the winter, and they started the system up today and water was coming out of the valve.

Well.....once I heard "froze and spit" I knew I was in for a long day, but I was assured this was the only damage. Yeah right....I've been at this long enough to know that's never the case. When it was all said and done, 5 shower valves, 3 toilet lines, 2 sink faucets, 2 urinal flushometers, and virtually every line coming down the wall to feed each fixture is split, both hot and cold.

Needless to say, that didn't all get done. But now next week I'll be busier than a 2 headed woodpecker. Oh, and did I mention all cinder block construction? And they want to open in a week? Yeah.....some long nights ahead

I've been playing D&D with friends after my brother gets off work.

Lost one of my cats-- not sure if it was a snake bite or what-- vet dismissed it as nothing major and sent her home and a few hours later she started gagging, crying, flailing, and trying to run around but kept falling over. I picked her up and set her on the bed so I could comfort her and she evacuated her bowels and bladder. I called the vet as soon as the symptoms started but they were closed and she was dead in less than 5 minutes.

She was such a sweet little kitty. It was heartbreaking, but at least she went fast. It's awful when they linger and suffer. I just wish I'd been able to do more for her.

Also, last night my mother was complaining about a bad smell in her bathroom. She claimed she'd been saying something about it for days but she has a habit of thinking something in her head without saying it out loud and then claiming she said something. She said that I had previously said I didn't smell anything-- which I don't recall happening because I don't remember her ever saying anything about the smell. Long story short, I could smell it and it was coming from the sink. I ran the water for a few minutes and the smell stopped. I think the P-trap got siphoned and I filled it back up.

Last edited:
Lost one of my cats-- QUOTE]

Sorry to here that!

Update on Dominoe. He's doing a lot better. No more cone of shame.

He's on steroids and apoquel now. Only thing is the steroids are making him pee a lot. They say I have to wean him off the steroids. We tried putting a diaper on him. How humiliating. They don't stay on though

IMG_1623.jpg

That was the hard part. I'm right at the limit for most. I ended up getting myself a tandem that it easily set up for one person but now I have room for my dog or one of my kids.

Mr_David, I'm so happy to see that Domino is doing better.
I've been there with the steroids for a dog-- when my late rottweiler had cancer. I put down puppy training pads for her.
Chris, I hope you have fun kayaking!

Went to Padre/Tiger game last night. Did not watch much of the game though. Mostly watched the buzz of energy @ the Craft Pier ( open air craft beer bar @ the back end of center field ). I had a Belching Beaver Peanutbutter Stout & a Shocktop Orange Wit. Guess that's healthy. Protein & fruit.

Did it have a peanutbutter taste at all? I'm not a big beer drinker, but that sounds interesting.

It was okay. a bit thick and heavy like a Guinness Stout.
I would have another.
It did have a definite PB taste with a little bit of sweetness to it.
At $13.50 a pop, it lasts a bit longer than regular common beer.
You tend to nurture it a bit longer
Even the Shocktop disappeared pretty quick.

I only had 2 beers and my wife had 2 beers.
on the way out there was a stand with the men in Blue giving free breathalyzer tests for blood level alcohol.
Wife was 0.075 just below legal limit. I barely hit 0.008, not even 1%.

Last edited:
You must mean .08? That is the point where you could be charged and arrested for DUI. (1% is actually .10) Or was it .1%, which is .001?

Yeah I was sad spend that much money for two beers not even get no more than 1% but it was .008 and my wife was .075 almost there

Back