What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I traded my 96 p229, 9mm threaded EFK conversion barrel, stock 40 barrel, 3 40/357 mags, and 5 9mm mags.

I got a 1980 Colt Mark 4 series 70 all original with one mag..

I'm happy with it, just having a hard time deciding to keep it stock, or customize the cap out of it.

I traded my 96 p229, 9mm threaded EFK conversion barrel, stock 40 barrel, 3 40/357 mags, and 5 9mm mags.

I got a 1980 Colt Mark 4 series 70 all original with one mag..

I'm happy with it, just having a hard time deciding to keep it stock, or customize the cap out of it.
54aa41ec2a8930e86be278e5486a4dec.jpg

I've been under the weather and have been trying to research random stuff from plumbing fixtures to glucose meters (Mom needs a new one and I'm trying to find a good one that her insurance will cover).

spcwaters, that is a nice gun.

I've been under the weather and have been trying to research random stuff from plumbing fixtures to glucose meters (Mom needs a new one and I'm trying to find a good one that her insurance will cover).

spcwaters, that is a nice gun.
Thanks, honestly I can't for the life of me figure out why he traded me, it's one of the nicest ones I own for sure.

Thanks, honestly I can't for the life of me figure out why he traded me, it's one of the nicest ones I own for sure.

The paranoid side of me wonders if it was used in a crime. LOL.
My father's M1911 is all black, but it was his serviceweapon so it wasn't supposed to draw attention. I like the silver with the wood colored grips.

Last edited:
Mine started malfunctioning today. Tore it all the way down, couldn't find anything wrong, or really dirty, or anything. Cleaned everything, put it back together, put 2 magazines through it with no problem.

Scratching my head on this one. First time for this malfunction in many thousands of rounds.

What kind of ammo?

My colt doesn't like some of the new defense ammo I've got. Sig hollowpoints and liberty civil defense seem to have a little trouble.

Most of the malfunctions I've had on the 1911 platform had to do with the magazines. Seems like just a little bit of nose dive coming out of mag and you get a jam.

One of my Glocks use to malfunction while using Critical Defense ammo, so I polished up the ramp with a Dremel, and now will eat anything.

One of my Glocks use to malfunction while using Critical Defense ammo, so I polished up the ramp with a Dremel, and now will eat anything.
That critical defense ammo is great when it hits target, sometimes it don't want to feed which can be a nightmare in a defense situation, I've never had any trouble with Federals HST ammo, which is what I carry in my P220.

A good polish of the feed ramp and barrel in a 1911 and it will eat anything. A bad one, it won't feed anything but FMJ.

Last edited:
What kind of ammo?

My colt doesn't like some of the new defense ammo I've got. Sig hollowpoints and liberty civil defense seem to have a little trouble.

Most of the malfunctions I've had on the 1911 platform had to do with the magazines. Seems like just a little bit of nose dive coming out of mag and you get a jam.
The same cast lead rounds that I have been feeding it forever.

But at any rate, this wasn't a feeding problem, it was the hammer either not dropping all of the way, or giving light firing pin strikes.

Latest posts

Back