What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That sucks, Matt.

I ended up only getting about 25 minutes of sleep because I had to go pick up my friend's gf (after he had just dumped her) and drive her to work in the morning before my appointment.

Went to my appointment, ate ate at IHOP, picked the girl up after her shift ended and brought her back to my house. I won't get in to all of the drama, but the breakup happened because of drama caused by my friend's ex (who is a raging hellbeast). She has been deliberately trying to sabotage his relationships and he just can't deal with stress and drama anymore. Unfortunately, that meant he couldn't deal with his latest gf's emotions and she's only 19. So, feelings got hurt and I tried to play mediator and told them both what I thought of things. I got my friend to actually communicate with her in a calm manner (at least I hope that is how it's going). They are in my yard right now talking and I'm giving them space. That is my fill of relationship drama for the next 10 years.

Meanwhile, test results showed I have multiple masses on the "fundus" (upper part) of my uterus and one of them is 6cm in diameter (which is almost as large as my uterus). It's no fun(dus). But the good news is that the rest of my plumbing looks normal. The masses are likely benign fibroid tumors that run in my family.

Eek....I hope your lady bits are okay Zanne.

The IHOP thing reminds me of a referee who used to be in the gentlemans hockey league I play in. He was always telling jokes, usually dirty ones. Between plays he would just skate by and fire off a one liner by me (I'm the goalie, easy target for conversation). His favourite joke was : " If the girl with big boobs works at hooters, where does the one legged girl work? IHOP!"

Definitely a groaner....but it made me chuckle the first time I heard it :p

Thanks, Matt. Fibroids are rather common and unless they start bleeding or are pressing on something and causing problems, they are usually left alone. I was told about a few surgical options-- not all of the options are feasible for me since I've never given birth. It ranged from a uterine ablation, laparoscopic surgery, or full hysterectomy. None of those sound appealing. The doctor said there is a risk that they could do a procedure and it might not relieve some of the symptoms and pain. But, it not being malignant cancerous growth is still a plus.

LOL! I'll have to tell my brother the IHOP joke.

Accidentally smashed the glass out of the back door on my work van. Currently awaiting repairs. Typical friday screw around. Ugh

I did that once. I was pissed at the boss and through a nail plate.
OOPS.

Well I certainly didn't throw anything (that day anyway) :eek:

I had my van stuffed from floor to ceiling with stuff for a few jobs, and really should of used a trailer instead. On the way to the first job, I was asked to swap out a toilet. So I put the old toilet in the van, and was gonna take it to our dumpster.....turned the corner out of the customers driveway and the tank lid slid out of the rubble....and well....I don't gotta tell you what happened next :eek:

Well I certainly didn't throw anything (that day anyway) :eek:

I had my van stuffed from floor to ceiling with stuff for a few jobs, and really should of used a trailer instead. On the way to the first job, I was asked to swap out a toilet. So I put the old toilet in the van, and was gonna take it to our dumpster.....turned the corner out of the customers driveway and the tank lid slid out of the rubble....and well....I don't gotta tell you what happened next :eek:

D'oh! What a crappy accident!

Do they make the equivalent of headache bars for the backs of vans?

Well...honestly..I don't even know why these vans have rear windows. I have had Ford, Chevrolet and Dodge vans over the years and I can't say I've ever found them useful. I'm sure many guys here can relate. Some models straight up don't have glass, which is smart. Just like the rear view mirror is just a place to hang my hearing protection. If it wasn't law, I wouldn't have one.

Well...honestly..I don't even know why these vans have rear windows. I have had Ford, Chevrolet and Dodge vans over the years and I can't say I've ever found them useful. I'm sure many guys here can relate. Some models straight up don't have glass, which is smart. Just like the rear view mirror is just a place to hang my hearing protection. If it wasn't law, I wouldn't have one.

I had to use the rear view mirror a lot before I got a backup camera. I'm too short to see over the seats well when I tried turning and looking behind me and my vision via the side mirrors is very limited.

I still do use the rearview mirror when not in reverse-- although I would love to rig my backup camera to turn on with a switch so I can see behind me before changing lanes and such.

I have broken the back window out of my ram 2500 pickup five times now. And it's not even my work Truck. I just do stupid things and load stuff I shouldn't. It wouldn't be so bad except it's a power slider and costs 550 bucks each time. I told myself after window number 3 I was just gonna put in a single piece window and forget about it but I didn't.

I think the only time I ever had the rear window/glass break was when I was driving by my neighbor's place and I heard what sounded like a gunshot and then my window shattered.

Never found a bullet or anything so maybe it was a rock that flew up and hit it-- but it was at a time where we were not on good terms with the neighbors at all.

Meanwhile, in the small town drama department, my friend got tired of being harassed by his ex-- he was going to sell his trailer to her and she called him 20 times in 30 minutes to yell at him. She was mad that he re-friended one of his exes on FB, she was mad that he hadn't kicked his latest gf out and was still friendly with her, and she was ordering him to get his stuff packed up and get out of HER trailer (when she hadn't paid a single cent for it yet). After she refused to stop harassing him, he finally told her he wasn't going to sell her the trailer. She blocked him on all social media and blocked his number on her phone (which he pays for). He's going to shut off her phone because the only reason he continued to let her have it was so he could get in touch with her about their daughter.

I bet. In a nice ride and no were to go. Hope you had a spare.

No spare leaf spring. Broken spring sliced the tire.
Chris has a V8 under that hood and that spring just could not hold up to the torque.
See the orange strap he used to pull the axle sort of back in place?

p.s. If you like this kind of stuff, I have some older videos on YouTube.
Just search for "krazedav"
I have couple I haven't published yet from this trip.
Going to try to edit them and upload if they seem worth sharing.

1488815492005.jpg

Last edited:
I drank, and traded my Sig for a Colt. Good day in my book.

Not having much luck finding work around here lately. Gotta fill the time somehow lol.

Back