What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the colder the better,, cut your butter into the flour. using a cutter shown below

add your milk, using a butter knife mix the mixture, you want to mix it just till its mixed..usually takes 10 or 15 times going in circles.

the trick to fluffy biscuits is NOT working the dough.

invert mixing bowl on a greased cookie sheet, press down and out to spread it into a square...

about the size of a sheet of paper.. 1/2''-3/4 thick.

th
use to cut in butter,,

Ah! I used to have one of those! I think it got broken though. Makes sense that if you don't overmix the dough it will be softer.

years ago, I was on a old gravel road, out in the middle of nowhere.

I was hauling ass, as i came around a corner, doing the float

back then we called it fish tailing,

That is a lot of fun until you hit something.:D

Had a "rent-a-wreck" doing the same thing.
As I was drifting around a turn, I slammed into a old VW Beetle head on.
Just hit hard enough to crush the front. Nobody got hurt.
Young girl got out crying, " I just got it painted."
Good thing I spent the extra $3 for full insurance coverage.
Gave her the insurance card. Called rent-a-wreck and told them where to come get there dead car.

That is a lot of fun until you hit something.:D

Had a "rent-a-wreck" doing the same thing.
As I was drifting around a turn, I slammed into a old VW Beetle head on.
Just hit hard enough to crush the front. Nobody got hurt.
Young girl got out crying, " I just got it painted."
Good thing I spent the extra $3 for full insurance coverage.
Gave her the insurance card. Called rent-a-wreck and told them where to come get there dead car.

LOL Did the same thing.kinda.

bought a car from a lil down pay OUTRAGOUS interest every week payment place. when i was young.
car was a tottal POS.

first week I had it, I drove to new orleans, the motor blew up on Lake Pontchartrain Causeway,

I called them up and said I was not paying for it anymore

they said they would repo it.

i said GOOD, its blocking traffic, better hurry up

I learned a lesson today.

Work is busier than ever and I am to leave for a small vacation tomorrow morning at 7. Got all my jobs and crews in line for what needs to get done. I get a call for a waterline leak repair I had a bid on. I don't have the manpower or the time to do it so I called a buddy of mine who is also a contractor. He said he would do the job so I accepted it and subbed it to him. He showed up this morning and started digging. Couldn't find it. He went out and rented a mini excavator and was still having trouble. Finally at 1pm I sent one of my guys to help out and within ten minutes of him being there he had it exposed. We got a material list and covered the trench for the day. I get a phone call at 4 saying he scheduled to meet his customer tomorrow morning to sign contracts so he couldn't make it back out there and that I needed to finish the job. Meanwhile I am loading the travel trailer to leave in the morning. I had to hop in my truck and drive 45 minutes to go get one of my tractors off another job to take up there in the morning to finish the job. I learned today that I should have just declined the job or done it myself in the first place.

I learned a lesson today.

Work is busier than ever and I am to leave for a small vacation tomorrow morning at 7. Got all my jobs and crews in line for what needs to get done. I get a call for a waterline leak repair I had a bid on. I don't have the manpower or the time to do it so I called a buddy of mine who is also a contractor. He said he would do the job so I accepted it and subbed it to him. He showed up this morning and started digging. Couldn't find it. He went out and rented a mini excavator and was still having trouble. Finally at 1pm I sent one of my guys to help out and within ten minutes of him being there he had it exposed. We got a material list and covered the trench for the day. I get a phone call at 4 saying he scheduled to meet his customer tomorrow morning to sign contracts so he couldn't make it back out there and that I needed to finish the job. Meanwhile I am loading the travel trailer to leave in the morning. I had to hop in my truck and drive 45 minutes to go get one of my tractors off another job to take up there in the morning to finish the job. I learned today that I should have just declined the job or done it myself in the first place.

you got screwed by a friend, i would not throw him any more bones

what he did was not right.

I feel sorry for you Chris. My G/F and I have always admired your butt busting, hard work ethics, and when you get a chance to get away, you should be able to. That right there is the reason you are successful because most lazy workers would just leave and tell them "tough shit".

I feel sorry for you Chris. My G/F and I have always admired your butt busting, hard work ethics, and when you get a chance to get away, you should be able to. That right there is the reason you are successful because most lazy workers would just leave and tell them "tough shit".

when you tell someone you will do something, you do it.

come hell or high water, your name is at steak

I'm still at this repair. My buddy was kind enough to give me a wrong measurement so the parts I ordered were useless. Hopefully out of here in an hour or so and drive the hour home to get on the road tonight.

Best part is his employee told me the reason he didn't want to work today is because he was going to Vegas with his wife and she would have been mad. He thought it would be a quick fix even though I told him you can't start a repair without committing to finishing it without pulling off the job.

I bet he will still try and Bill me for the entire amount.

Best part is his employee told me the reason he didn't want to work today is because he was going to Vegas with his wife and she would have been mad. He thought it would be a quick fix even though I told him you can't start a repair without committing to finishing it without pulling off the job.

I bet he will still try and Bill me for the entire amount.

I would not give him a -----thing !

send him a napkin, so he can wipe his tears

include a whoopie cushion, his rear end must be sore from being p----whipped

I would not give him a -----thing !

send him a napkin, so he can wipe his tears

include a whoopie cushion, his rear end must be sore from being p----whipped

You have a special way of putting things Frodo. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Back