What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I've pulled about 20' of cast and fittings out of this 130' run. Which is under a condo floor

Frodo, the second place was much friendlier. We will take the CR-V there when we get the title.

Mission accomplished on getting it, but it was a total pain. I hate dealing with car dealerships.

Apparently the previous owner was a veteran who served in Afghanistan. There is a cool picture of a helicopter on the display screen for the backup camera (when the car is not in reverse).

I'll have to get a pic of it later. For now, here is the front. It has a bug guard and some sort of guard near the moon roof. It also has a rear spoiler and the side molding on the doors. It has a spot to add a tow hitch ball too.
12805704_10153840320975168_5143415517002622682_n.jpg

The dealership people promised there was nothing missing and no damage, but someone had taken apart some of the panels in the back hatch area and there is a chunk of plastic missing on the right side where the jack kit was supposed to be. It will cost about $100 to replace it. We brought a mechanic friend and he demanded that they give us a jack kit because it is necessary and he price-checked the missing part for us and told the dealer that they needed to come down on the price. Dealer said they already took that missing part into consideration when they priced it. Then they tried to claim they were charging us more tax than we actually owed and that the state would pay us back for the overage. We called BS on it and told them we would only pay the correct amount of tax and we called our local DMV in front of them to confirm the price.

So, they backed down and charged less, but then they tried to tack on a $499 fee for "DNA etching" or some such BS. The sticker on the vehicle said that DNA crap was $399. I took a photo of it and showed them. Then I told them that we didn't ask for the etching, it was already on the vehicle when they priced it and that if they considered the missing part to have been factored in, then the etching must have been factored in as well and we were not going to pay it.

Finance guy tried to claim he couldn't do anything because his supervisor said that was the price. I told him I wanted to see the supervisor and stood up to leave-- and suddenly he changed his tune and dropped the price back down to what it should have been. I tallied up all of the taxes, doc fees, etc and showed them on my calculator what the price was supposed to be and my mechanic friend backed me up on it, so they caved.

They made us wait a few hours for the transaction process, so I think they were trying to wear us down so we would just agree to whatever they wanted, but we weren't afraid to walk away and weren't going to put up with BS.

But we got it, my brother drove it home safely, and my mother got to stop and eat at Red Lobster. I wish we'd gone somewhere else. Food was way overpriced and not very good. I'm not a seafood fan.

My feet are swollen from all the driving, so now I'm just relaxing and winding down for bed.

Last edited:
So, apparently we didn't get as good of a price as I'd thought. I had trouble loading webpages while we were at the dealership and I didn't see that the day we bought the car, it had dropped by $999.
I know that legally, even if the buyer doesn't know the advertised price, if the car is advertised at a certain price, the dealer has to honor it-- so since I found the ad after I purchased it, I am entitled to a refund. Only problem is going to be getting that refund. I hope I won't have to get a lawyer-- but then, a lawyer's fees would probably be equal to or more than the amount we paid.

Also, when I checked the tally of what they ultimately charged, they included a fee that was not supposed to be tacked on there-- which is illegal. I was reading a legal document for texas car sales advertisements and it stated that they can't charge over advertised price unless it is tax or licensing fees. Any addons and such can't be charged over unless the customer requests them at time of purchase. So, the DNA etching we didn't want was supposed to be included in the price, but they added it on afterward.

So, should I print out the ad and contact the dealership and threaten to sue if they don't refund the $ (including extra tax that was charged)?

Last edited:
Never threaten a law suit always tell them how it is. I want this even if they explain why they can't do it you say ok but you are going to give me this deal... If it's still a no say ok well I have another dealership I'll be doing business with thank you and walk out. In these situations you have the power

I think they will blow you of on the phone,

facebook is your friend. go on their FB and let everyone know the problem.

I GUARANTEE they will contact you , to get the negative comment cleared up

hammer them on facebook

The total price discrepancy comes down to over $1,000. I'm going to try calling first to give them the opportunity to do the right thing.
I will also find the e-mail address of the head person there and hit him up. If they blow me off, I'll hit Facebook.

Of course, I will probably hit Facebook to request that they put me in touch with someone in charge.

I already did an online chat and was sure to mention that I would have my lawyer contact them.

I tried calling and got an answering machine so I hit them up on Facebook. I'm being impatient.

Just realized it's Saturday so they don't open until 9. LOL.

I printed out the law about honoring the advertised price as well as printed out the advertisement pages. I plan to make copies and I will drive back up there if I have to.

One of the bad things was, the "paperwork" was all digital-- on a "DocuPad". Basically the desk is one giant touchscreen. That means that after my mother signed and agreed to things, they could digitally edit the agreements. So what they showed her when she was signing, was not the same as what was printed out. We might not be able to get back the $399 that they said they were taking off that got slipped back in, but we will damn well get back the $1k in over-advertised price + tax.

Last edited:
oh hell no......forget tht digital stuff, i dont sign crap inless it is on paper AND 1

enitial the page number on each sheet

when you run into a page that has a big blank spot, put a line thru the blank spot, enitial it

Good point.
I got no reply on Facebook and no reply in e-mail. I called and got transferred around until I got an answering machine and had to hang up. I then called back and told them I got an answering machine. So they transferred me to someone who at first tried to doubletalk about how it was legal for them to charge more. I wasn't having it and said I looked up the law, saved it in an image, and printed it out. I used AwesomeScreenShot to save shots of the entire pages and I can use an archive searcher thingy to find cached versions of the pages.

The guy claimed his supervisor had gone home for the day (this was before 4pm and they close at 9pm) so he couldn't do anything. He confirmed my phone number and said they would call back Monday between 10 and 10:30am. If they don't call, I'll be calling them again. To be honest, I don't know if the salesman even knew that they dropped the price while he was selling the vehicle to me because the process took a few hours. But that doesn't matter. I might not be able to get the $399 for the useless addon we didn't want, but I will damn well get the difference in tax and advertised price. LOL.

Also, I want to get these chrome side mirror visors:
tumblr_o3x35qKLG91qkwd9ao1_1280.jpg

Allegedly they stop the rain from landing on the mirror, but I just like the way they look.

you have 7 days to change your mind, might be less, if i am not mistaken..look that law up, do not let them string you along for the 3 or 5 or 7 day period. if they get to pissey...tell them to shove it and buy from someone else

chrome does make it go faster, less friction lol

So, right now my landline is down and my cell reception absolutely sucks.
I called to report the landline outage last night and AT&T rep told me it would be fixed Monday. I went to check on status of repair and got stuck for at least 30 minutes trying to get things to load and display properly.
Meanwhile, got on my cellphone and called. At least 15 minutes getting bounced from one auto reply thing to another and having to put the same info in over and over and have been on hold ever since. I have currently been on waiting for an answer for over an hour now.

I finally got web thing to load and discovered that the retarded monkeys had not put my repair request in last night and now they estimate it might not be fixed 'til Wednesday.

Frodo, I don't have to change my mind on the sale-- once I purchased it, if I discover they overcharged on an advertise price, they legally have to reimburse me-- but I just have to be aggressive about getting reimbursed for the difference.

The phone being out complicates things though.

Update: I talked to the director for used car sales at the dealership and he literally laughed at me. He was very dismissive and claimed that the lower price was advertised AFTER I purchased the vehicle. But, if they advertised a vehicle that had already been sold, it's fraud. So, I'm going to contact the attorney general to report it and I'm going to contact the BBB to file a complaint. I need to figure out who else to contact to file a complaint as well.
The guy tried to blame it on the computer system, but if they have a system set up that way, they need to change it so it doesn't list already sold vehicles.

Meanwhile, phone company called and said my phone would be fixed no later than Tuesday at 7pm. I'm hoping it will be sooner.

Today I went to the jobsite to find my storage container had been broken into and the padlocks on everything were cut off. They stole a 300 dollar pump and three rolls of toilet paper. Cost me 50 bucks in locks.

toilet paper ?

if it wernt funny it would be funny...a pump and toilet paper...hmmmmm...sob must have a serious case of the turkey squirts.

you buy the top of the line TP? or do you buy costco john wayne TP ?

wont take no **** of anyone

got insurance ? i am missing FLIR NIGHT SCOPE, 2- 5000 watt generators, a wacker packer,

a concrete viberator. 3 skill saws and a cnc machine lol...

Latest posts

Back