What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While we are discussing the plates, I've seen some jobs where they notch out the asphalt so the plate sits flush, and other times I see the plate sitting on top and they just pour bag asphalt on the edge to stabilize it. As a driver, I despise those bumps and feel like the plate will slide out and I'll fall into the pit. Who dictates what you do? Is it all about dollars and cents on notching out?

*yawn*

I'm in call this weekend, but the phone hasent been busy. Went out this morning and replaced an uponor actuator on an air/water unit...other than that, nothing going on!

happy to have you MATT, we have plenty of sausage to grind

you can bbq while I stuff

I got tired of paying the butcher to process the same amount per pound as I can pay it in the store.

made no since.

i just need to school myself on the different casings. i do not like chewy, i like crisp

I love a good bbq. I recently got a meat smoker, but I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, the winter here is just too cold and windy, it would probably blow over. But come spring time...ohhh buddy I'll be smokin I guarantee ya.

I went to watch Deadpool with my brother and a friend. We really enjoyed it.

My brother bought a piece of crap truck that can't even be driven and I think he overpaid for it, but he was convinced he got a great deal. He thinks if he can sink $200 into fixing it and make a profit. I tried to talk him out of it, but he didn't listen. The guy who sold it to him is a 19-year-old kid who was really rough on it. He's selling it because a ubolt broke or something and it scared him. Poor kid just found out he has stage 3 cancer in his lymph nodes. My mother said if she'd known that and been involved, she would have paid to have the truck fixed up for the kid so he wouldn't have had to sell it, but it was too late.

My brother was supposed to pick it up yesterday, but the guy who was going to tow it was too busy and they are trying to arrange a day when he can go get it.

Meanwhile, we are still looking for a second vehicle. We think we have a contender but are hoping we can get the price down more and need to find time to go back up to Houston.

Thanks for the advice on the lawyer and including mileage. I'll have to clock how far it is from my house to my doctor's office. Not quite sure how to prove it though-- but I suppose I could let an attorney hash that out. The whole thing really caused me a lot of stress, so I will be sure to mention that. Not sure which lawyer to go with. I see some who advertise on TV-- There's that Gordon something (the one they have "Get Gordon" commercials) and the Morris Bart guy. Or maybe I should go with someone not on TV. I wonder if I should include lawyer's fees in the mix. Or if any of those types give a free consultation. I don't want to be greedy-- I just want fair compensation.

you need to see a dr about your anxiety due to the wreck.

everything in a law suit has to be documented, you are not have any anxiety issues inless you see a dr and their is a record of such issues
tell your dr the truth, you cant sleep, you get all nervous and agitated thinking about the wreck,
you are having spells of depression.

is your brother a wrench? can h fix it himself ? 200 maybe. if he hires someone

labor will be more than 2 hun

I love a good bbq. I recently got a meat smoker, but I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, the winter here is just too cold and windy, it would probably blow over. But come spring time...ohhh buddy I'll be smokin I guarantee ya.

my favorite when smoking meat is little snacky snacks

take a poblano pepper or jalapeno

split it, stuff it with cheese, wrap it with bacon toothpick to hold it closed

put them on the smoker while smoking the meat,,,about an hour

drink a corona and eat the peppers while waiting

<<<note>>> the seed is the heat, remove the seeds on some, so your wife wont kick your ass

While we are discussing the plates, I've seen some jobs where they notch out the asphalt so the plate sits flush, and other times I see the plate sitting on top and they just pour bag asphalt on the edge to stabilize it. As a driver, I despise those bumps and feel like the plate will slide out and I'll fall into the pit. Who dictates what you do? Is it all about dollars and cents on notching out?

Just about everywhere requires recessed plates now days. When not recessed we pin them so they can not move. Recessed is nicer but the cost goes up by the thousands to do so. We got away with it here because it was in structural concrete and grinding that could be bad.

my favorite when smoking meat is little snacky snacks

take a poblano pepper or jalapeno

split it, stuff it with cheese, wrap it with bacon toothpick to hold it closed

put them on the smoker while smoking the meat,,,about an hour

drink a corona and eat the peppers while waiting

<<<note>>> the seed is the heat, remove the seeds on some, so your wife wont kick your ass

My father in law did this over the summer with jalapenos.....so good!

My father in law did this over the summer with jalapenos.....so good!

ever smoke a fatty ?

2 lbs sausage, roll out flat about 1/2'' thick as big as a sheet of paper

put cheese, and what ever you want

roll it up, weave with bacon, wrap in foil, smoke it for couple hours

SR0uXKgz0XO11rtZl1Ej8qAARJlCS-E0-SfwRMlz8LmyVURmahoQflFRg46NuPSHOTYMB3IQqydcdugtYdLSf7iSMTo=s450-c

Yeah, I've smoked a few fatties in my lifetime, and for some reason or another, everything seemed wonderfully delicious afterwards.

Back