What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks frodo for giving me some good advice on that, but another question, how would i run the vent pipe in your opinion

2.2 CONCRETE HOUSEKEEPING PADS
A. Concrete housekeeping pads for equipment and floor penetrations shall be at least 2 inches larger in plan than the steel or cast base and not less than 6 inches above the finished floor elevation, and shall be shaped to drain liquids away from the base. Housekeeping pad details shall follow the requirements set forth on MWWD Standard Detail M-114A unless superseded by more restrictive requirements of these specifications or the requirements of the equipment manufacturer. All conduits, piping connections, drains, etc., serving the equipment, shall be enclosed by the concrete pad. Unless otherwise specified, no conduits, piping connections, drains, etc., will be accepted which rise directly from the floor.

A house keeping pad is required for any equipment to sit on.
the upc requires a minimum 3 1/2'' pad.

Thanks frodo for giving me some good advice on that, but another question, how would i run the vent pipe in your opinion

when hooking up a gas water heater, the first thing you hook up is the vent
you do that so you can move the heater around to "make" the vent work

looks to me that if your heater was moved back twards the wall a couple of inchs, a 45 would work.

If that does not work, then the existing vent would have to be raised
we dont have the california code, that allows 90's
the upc clearly states 45 degree offsets , with 1 60 degree only
that is the offset that connects to the draft diverter

I know this for a fact, I have been red tagged for trying to get away with a 90.
I wound up moving the heater 20' ..

120vac40a_rev %281%29.jpg

I still love that wall.

I went to Maglite and replaced two more old rechargeable flashlights for the new LED flashlights. Give 'em the old flashlight and cradle, and they give you $100 credit towards a complete new system.

Hi!
I've been out for awhile. Been busy playing chauffeur for friends and I discovered The Flash and Arrow tv series-- but I don't get the CW on my local stations or on my dishnetwork so I have to watch online-- had to download during my ISP's "late night free zone" and then watch.

I've been trying to adjust my diet so I am eating less sugary stuff and I've lost 20lbs.

The erratic pressure from the water heater seems to be gone now-- I think the leak in the pump house was allowing air into the line and it was building up in the water heater.

Last night I replaced a bulb in the ceiling fan in the living room-- it was one of those stupid spiral things that kept blinking on and off. I put in an LED 1000 lumens bulb.

It's been raining and the road conditions are horrible. I drive a Ford Expedition and had to go under 20mph to avoid sliding all over but avoid getting stuck in the mud. I could hear the mud scraping the bottom of the vehicle. My brother bragged about how good the CRV is because it has 4WD and said he wouldn't have problems. So, he headed in to work and made it ok, but he called after 1am to tell me he was stuck in the middle of the road. He slipped into some ruts and the crv didn't have enough clearance to get over the center hump (which had hardened and had no give). I went out and tried to use 2x4s under the wheels. Didn't work. I got a hoe and tried to move the mud out from underneath but it was dark and I couldn't see under there. I tried to back the expedition up to get close enough to pull it out, but I couldn't get backed far enough over without slipping into the ruts and getting stuck. I was able to move forward but not backwards. So we called roadside assistance (which is supposed to be covered by State Farm) and had the guy tow the CRV backwards enough that my brother could turn around and drive back in to town. Had to pay $150 up front and the insurance is refusing to cover it and is claiming we weren't on a public road. So, I'm going to have to go argue with them later. I am ready to switch insurance companies because State Farm sucks.

At least my legs are feeling better after last week-- I took my friend to a lawyer because he's being sued, but it was a 2 hour drive and he was afraid to drive that far after his accident. The lawyer was on the 18th floor. The elevator creeped him out so he decided to walk down the stairs and I decided to keep him company since I figured I needed the exercise. Only thing is, once you enter the stairwell, you can't get out until you reach the bottom and I found out just how badly out of shape I am. I was carrying my mother's purse and my friend's paperwork and by the 8th floor I was seriously pondering trying to slide down the rail. My legs were like jelly for the next several days. I couldn't stand or sit without holding on to things because my legs kept giving out. It didn't even hurt the first day, but I had muscle fatigue. Next several days my legs were burning though.

This morning they were better enough that I was able to go for walk for about 15 min. Only stopped because it started raining a bit.

Frodo, thanks for the info on my tractor's engine!

Hi!
I've been out for awhile. Been busy playing chauffeur for friends and I discovered The Flash and Arrow tv series-- but I don't get the CW on my local stations or on my dishnetwork so I have to watch online-- had to download during my ISP's "late night free zone" and then watch.

I've been trying to adjust my diet so I am eating less sugary stuff and I've lost 20lbs.

The erratic pressure from the water heater seems to be gone now-- I think the leak in the pump house was allowing air into the line and it was building up in the water heater.

Last night I replaced a bulb in the ceiling fan in the living room-- it was one of those stupid spiral things that kept blinking on and off. I put in an LED 1000 lumens bulb.

It's been raining and the road conditions are horrible. I drive a Ford Expedition and had to go under 20mph to avoid sliding all over but avoid getting stuck in the mud. I could hear the mud scraping the bottom of the vehicle. My brother bragged about how good the CRV is because it has 4WD and said he wouldn't have problems. So, he headed in to work and made it ok, but he called after 1am to tell me he was stuck in the middle of the road. He slipped into some ruts and the crv didn't have enough clearance to get over the center hump (which had hardened and had no give). I went out and tried to use 2x4s under the wheels. Didn't work. I got a hoe and tried to move the mud out from underneath but it was dark and I couldn't see under there. I tried to back the expedition up to get close enough to pull it out, but I couldn't get backed far enough over without slipping into the ruts and getting stuck. I was able to move forward but not backwards. So we called roadside assistance (which is supposed to be covered by State Farm) and had the guy tow the CRV backwards enough that my brother could turn around and drive back in to town. Had to pay $150 up front and the insurance is refusing to cover it and is claiming we weren't on a public road. So, I'm going to have to go argue with them later. I am ready to switch insurance companies because State Farm sucks.

At least my legs are feeling better after last week-- I took my friend to a lawyer because he's being sued, but it was a 2 hour drive and he was afraid to drive that far after his accident. The lawyer was on the 18th floor. The elevator creeped him out so he decided to walk down the stairs and I decided to keep him company since I figured I needed the exercise. Only thing is, once you enter the stairwell, you can't get out until you reach the bottom and I found out just how badly out of shape I am. I was carrying my mother's purse and my friend's paperwork and by the 8th floor I was seriously pondering trying to slide down the rail. My legs were like jelly for the next several days. I couldn't stand or sit without holding on to things because my legs kept giving out. It didn't even hurt the first day, but I had muscle fatigue. Next several days my legs were burning though.

This morning they were better enough that I was able to go for walk for about 15 min. Only stopped because it started raining a bit.

Frodo, thanks for the info on my tractor's engine!

no problemO,,,,did you sell it?

no problemO,,,,did you sell it?

Not yet. I meant to go look up the price for that model and year but my 'net crapped out on me and I haven't looked yet today.

My mother keeps changing her mind about selling and the guy who wants to buy it hasn't called back. I know he gets very busy though.

Meanwhile, I've got some pics:

My cows weren't happy about the gate being shut. One of them left some commentary. This was taken from outside the gate-- obviously.
12191056_748952718570929_2167292632594718253_n.jpg

My road the other night:
12190935_748952565237611_7484641619063905019_n.jpg

12079542_748952591904275_2668506358126506362_n.jpg

12187757_748952485237619_6787629187799462305_n.jpg

The phone has been ringing off the hook with automated messages for political surveys. ugh.

Not yet. I meant to go look up the price for that model and year but my 'net crapped out on me and I haven't looked yet today.

My mother keeps changing her mind about selling and the guy who wants to buy it hasn't called back. I know he gets very busy though.

Meanwhile, I've got some pics:

My cows weren't happy about the gate being shut. One of them left some commentary. This was taken from outside the gate-- obviously.
12191056_748952718570929_2167292632594718253_n.jpg

My road the other night:
12190935_748952565237611_7484641619063905019_n.jpg

12079542_748952591904275_2668506358126506362_n.jpg

12187757_748952485237619_6787629187799462305_n.jpg

The phone has been ringing off the hook with automated messages for political surveys. ugh.

around here. you can make a pretty bit of extra change bush hogging and disc ing up gardens or food plots for hunters using a tractor

if i had that thing i would work it

Zanny zane tractor service
Will bush hog or disc gardens. hunting feed plots my specialty!!
call 555-1212 ask for zanne

Today I agreed to take my friend's girlfriend to a clinic in Lafayette. She asked me last week and I agreed. I didn't realize that she hadn't found out some important things like:
1. What the name of the clinic was
2. The address of the clinic
3. Whether or not she needed an appointment

After I picked her up around 10:50am, I drove her to a few places she needed to go in town and she called to find out the name and address of the clinic. She turned on her phone's GPS to navigate us in the right direction and her sister-in-law gave some advice on which route to take since she used to live in Lafayette.

Sometime around 1pm I was on a 2-lane highway going speed limit when I started to hear a thunking noise, but nothing seemed wrong with my control on the vehicle. It got very loud so I started to pull over and I saw chunks of plastic flying off. The tread on my rear driver side tire sheared off and broke off pieces of the side bumper trim. The tire was still inflated, but I could hear the air starting to hiss out. I tried calling the number on my insurance card for State Farm but nobody answered after 20 rings and then I got an answering machine-- I then remembered that they were closed until 2pm. So I googled for roadside assistance approved by State Farm and found a number, called, explained the situation, got disconnected, called back, spent 10 minutes waiting for them to confirm they would send roadside assistance. Waited 35 min for the roadside assistance to get there. Young dude-- seemed nice enough but it turned out he wasn't very experienced with taking tires off. He didn't have the right equipment. He put the jack in the wrong spot, then had to use two jacks to lift the car up high enough, then he couldn't get the lug nuts off and almost gave up. He tried his hand tool, his power tool, my power tool to remove lug nuts-- nada. A second roadside guy had to come help. I had a cross lug wrench that I brought out. Guy 1 pushed up on opposite side while I helped lift guy 2 high enough so he could get enough height to half-jump on the other side to push down hard enough to get the lug nuts off. Then it took both of them (taking turns using my rubber mallet) to get the tire off. Once they arrived, it took about an hour and fifteen minutes to change the tire.

While we were waiting, my friend's gf called the clinic to ask if she needed an appointment and was told to just come on in and that they wouldn't close until all of the patients had left or something like that. After the tire was changed and we were on our way (about 30 min away from the clinic), she called back to ask something and was told by a different person that she would need an appointment. She still needed to be seen about an allergic reaction she was having, so we decided to keep going. She got on her phone and was kvetching up a storm so much that the gps instructions weren't coming through and we missed a turn-- that added another 20 minutes to the drive. We finally made it and not only did the clinic say they would not see her, they said they didn't even accept her regular clinic's paperwork as a referral and would have to show it to a doctor at their place to see if that doctor thought she should have those tests done and give her a referral and eventually they would call her back. They gave her a card and told her to call back once a MONTH until they could give her an appointment (estimate was 2 to 3 months). The clinic was in a hospital so we walked to the opposite end to the ER portion because she insisted on being seen about her poison ivy rash on her face, legs, and hands. More waiting. She got a shot and more waiting for a prescription slip. It was after 5pm when we got out. Then we went to CVS pharmacy where it was another half hour wait. Then we drove 20 min to get to IHOP where the service was terrible. Only saw the waitress thrice (ok, she only came to the table that many times-- I kept trying to flag her down for a refill) and the second time she returned to the table I asked her for a refill on my very empty drink and she ignored me. Had to get up and go ask kitchen staff for a refill.

I observed first hand why my friend is always broke and why the girlfriend never has money. I got a spinach mushroom swiss burger and a tea. She got steak and eggs with 2 extra eggs, extra hash browns, strawberry covered french toast, strawberry cheesecake pancakes, and two iced coffees (which are not refillable so you have to pay for each one). My food was like $10 total-- bill was over $40.

Later on the way home we stopped at a gas station that had very high prices on the snacks. She got like 3 bags of candy, a $5 Red Bull, and some $3 milkshake thingy from a machine.

I decided to use GPS on my phone and had it linked to my Tenergy Bluetooth Beanie (which is basically a hat that is a headset-- there's a button on the side to answer the phone). It came in very handy. Drive home was uneventful. Dropped the chick off and got home after 10pm.

The tire and the spot where the plastic trim got broken off:
12189024_10153570789475168_2373298719008680960_n.jpg

Another angle-- Mom somehow put that dent in the bumper when she was driving it.
12189980_10153570788490168_4373889745552672835_n.jpg

My friend's gfs meal minus the pancakes
11666268_752040581595476_547197748563281804_n.jpg

I know lots of folks who get an illegal retread tire down in Mexico and this is usually what happens down the road.

Smoke a joint like your friends do. I also love flying but would never have a partner get involved. Rent 'em, way cheaper!

Back