What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got in an argument with the city on the crappy way they trimmed my tree. City said if I didn't like it, I could pay $380 to have them chop it down. We advised we have already consulted with an attorney and asked for the fool's supervisor's name. He came back and said it will be chopped down at the city's expense in 3-4 weeks. That's a bit extreme considering all I was asking was for the hired crew to cut the undergrowth so the winds won't knock it down.

I'm working at a golf course.

Yesterday I looked for ten minutes and brought home 70 golf balls

Yesterday I finally got my mother out of the house to go find Camp Beauregard so she could renew her military dependent ID. It's good til 2020. We followed the GPS and ended up in a not-so-good part of town. I called the place and the lady said that it was the old phone number that was in an office that had been cleared out-- she didn't hear the phone ringing at first. Then she said there were two 3rd Streets in the city and one of them was the ghetto where I was and the other was on the camp. She told me to plot GPS to the walmart and then gave directions from there. It's a tiny base but the people were very friendly.

Unfortunately, when we got home, Mom got sick. She's got the stomach bug again. While she was sleeping I went over to visit a friend and we watched a few episodes of "Arrow" on his Netflix.

Speaking of tractors, anyone know the depreciation rate on them?

Got a Kubota (either L2900 or L3200 -- I'll have to go look at it) and paid close to $17k for it brand new over 10 years ago. It needs a new battery, fuel needs to be cleaned out, and it probably needs filter changes and whatever. Any idea what it would be worth now?

Speaking of tractors, anyone know the depreciation rate on them?

Got a Kubota (either L2900 or L3200 -- I'll have to go look at it) and paid close to $17k for it brand new over 10 years ago. It needs a new battery, fuel needs to be cleaned out, and it probably needs filter changes and whatever. Any idea what it would be worth now?
http://www.tractorbluebook.com/Tractor-Blue-Book/Kubota

depends on model, their are 4 different L2900 models

look on link, fill in the blanks

Son of a....

I hit a deer on my way home. Luckily wasn't moving too fast, but fast enough that I need a new hood and grille. The car is still drivable, just banged up a bit.

The deer skidded into the ditch...after I checked over my car I looked for her to see if I'd at least get a few steaks out of her, but she musta got up and kept goin. If the bastard ain't dead I sure hope to hell she's sore! :mad:

Thanks. I made a typo. I meant L2800. Went and looked and it says its L2800HST-R (or L2800-DHV) with LA463 front end loader on it. I'd say it is in fair to good condition.

I wonder if I can find out the year from the serial number somehow.
12122598_742989512500583_1500395983078263261_n.jpg

Meanwhile, the guy who came by who wants to buy the tractor offered to help do some work to help us out. He arrived around 6:30am and bush-hogged the yard. I'd told him Mom wanted to hire him to cut down some small trees that had gone crazy in the chicken yard. While I was showing him the trees he told me that his aunt and uncle used to live here back when it was all forest and that he had helped clear the land to make fields for crops. He noticed that a water line I'd capped was leaking from underground. The shutoff for it had been inside a plastic cylinder but the lid had come off at some point and a friggin' pine tree grew inside of it and had broken the line. When I went up to the pump-house to shut the water off, I discovered that one of the fittings going from the cistern to the pump was leaking. I shut off the main water line and water just started shooting out of the joint. I shut off the water from the cistern and it continued to spray (I think backflow from the pressure tank). So I told the guy and he came up and looked at it. He went back to his house to get some stuff and then spent awhile figuring out how to fix it. He patched it up and then went down and dug up the broken line and capped it. Waited until the glue set and turned the main water back on, but left the outside water off.

He said he'll have to come back another time to clear fallen branches and do some more bush-hogging. I asked him how much we owed him and he said "nothing". He really is a sweet guy. But we are still going to pay him *something*. It probably cost him quite a bit for the gas in his tractor.

Edit: I told you those deer like to run in front of cars!

Thanks. I made a typo. I meant L2800. Went and looked and it says its L2800HST-R (or L2800-DHV) with LA463 front end loader on it. I'd say it is in fair to good condition.

I wonder if I can find out the year from the serial number somehow.
12122598_742989512500583_1500395983078263261_n.jpg

Meanwhile, the guy who came by who wants to buy the tractor offered to help do some work to help us out. He arrived around 6:30am and bush-hogged the yard. I'd told him Mom wanted to hire him to cut down some small trees that had gone crazy in the chicken yard. While I was showing him the trees he told me that his aunt and uncle used to live here back when it was all forest and that he had helped clear the land to make fields for crops. He noticed that a water line I'd capped was leaking from underground. The shutoff for it had been inside a plastic cylinder but the lid had come off at some point and a friggin' pine tree grew inside of it and had broken the line. When I went up to the pump-house to shut the water off, I discovered that one of the fittings going from the cistern to the pump was leaking. I shut off the main water line and water just started shooting out of the joint. I shut off the water from the cistern and it continued to spray (I think backflow from the pressure tank). So I told the guy and he came up and looked at it. He went back to his house to get some stuff and then spent awhile figuring out how to fix it. He patched it up and then went down and dug up the broken line and capped it. Waited until the glue set and turned the main water back on, but left the outside water off.

He said he'll have to come back another time to clear fallen branches and do some more bush-hogging. I asked him how much we owed him and he said "nothing". He really is a sweet guy. But we are still going to pay him *something*. It probably cost him quite a bit for the gas in his tractor.

Edit: I told you those deer like to run in front of cars!

the engine Model # 5ao535 shows it being manufactured Jan, 2004

Today, I'm an electrical apprentice ( don't tell anybody ). I'm having the electrical panel in my house upgraded and a few new circuits run. My buddy is the electrician so I told him I would do the small stuff while he does the panel change.

I spent 14 hours in the woods today looking for deer. Maybe I need to start looking on the highway.

We have more deer than trees in my neighborhood. I walk about 1/2 mile to the train early in the mornings before sunrise to go to work. It's dark and gets a little creepy hearing the critters moving around when I can't see them and sometimes I'll suddenly realize there's a deer (or two, or five) right next to me. One morning I heard hoof steps behind me and a doe was following me. I stopped, it stopped...I started walking, it did the same. I felt like I was in a Three Stooges skit the whole way to the t-stop.

I wish I had that problem. I went out this morning for about an hour and saw nine deer. Too bad none were legal shooters.

Back