Jobs...

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I useta could pull a radiator out of a 70' through 80's Chevy PU in under 5 minutes. Dad had a radiator shop, and us boys usually did the R&R for him.

I drug trees out of the woods on my back. I worked for an "outfit" that supplied silk tree manufacturers with the base trees, and I was the lucky kid who got to pull these 10' to 15' trees out of the brush and load them on a trailer.

I fed a mulching machine that ground up small cypress trees and other waste cypress wood into mulch. Lift log, carry to conveyor belt, set log down on belt, repeat ad infinitum, hope that mulcher clogs so that I would have to clear it out, thereby breaking the unbearable monotony. "Caught" lumber off of the various saws at the mill house.

Part time, milked cows, fixed and built fence, operated farm tractors, fixed tractors and farm equipment, got tractors and draglines unstuck from the muck, conspired to kill sandhill hooping cranes when the bastards dug up sprouting fields, and learned to thoroughly hate Holstein milk cows.

At the same time as the above, part time. Chased beef cattle through the woods, chased horses through the pastures so we could ride them to chase cows through the woods, fixed and built barbed wire fence, dug ditches, burnt off large sections of rough woods pasture, scared off tresspassers, cut fence posts, fixed more fence, got urinated and crapped on by cows, had cows try intensely and persistently to kill me, and grew to really like beef cattle. Maybe because I knew one day I would get to attack them with knife (and fork) and eat them? I was a cowboy, baby!

And now I am a plumber. From green helper, to apprentice, to project foreman, to project superintendant, to head plumber, to plumber.

I can hear it now:" Would you like fries with that? No? OK, how about a rear main seal for a 1986 F-250 6.9L? You could pay in Jeep parts, if you want."

You've heard that too?

Well, if we are shopping, I'd like to order a 242ci head, with a fresh valve job, and milled, of course!

I'll tell you what Steve I will give you every Jeep part in my garage if you pay shippng and you could probably put together about half a jeep.

Sorry Havasu I only have 258 parts laying around except I actually think I may have a head gasket set for the 242 that I bought for my old one and never used.

You called? :D

1)Mowed grass for family friend
2)Counselor-in-Training at a Boy Scout camp (helped wherever needed)
3)Burger King
4)Dining Hall Steward at Scout camp
5)McDonalds
6)Blue Beacon truck wash (2nd fav job, but hard)
7)Wal-mart tire/lube tech (3rd fav for the people i worked with)
8) Farm Hand (current and longest at almost 3 years) (favorite)

I swore to myself that i would never work fast food again, and i've done my best to keep to my word.

Post 39...
rtft.gif

:D

He does, he surfs the internet and is probably the best solitair player ever.

Latest posts

Back