Galvanized pipe- required to remove it?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is movement afoot to do that, not necessarily from insurance but from states and from Kia/Hyundai themselves. These two makes/models had this problem on the cheap as all get out pieces of crap. No sympathy from me. You get what you pay for. Anybody could have put in a steering wheel lock or other device but they don't. Reminds me of the time when Yugo came here. The mainstream auto press told people they'd be better off spending the money on a good used car, not a Yugo. It wasn't very good when designed as a Fiat, and was worse built behind the iron curtain.

From Autoinsurance.com:​

"Michigan​

Michigan, for years, had one of the most comprehensive no-fault auto insurance systems in the United States. It also has the most expensive auto insurance in the country.

Michigan has the most expensive auto insurance in the nation, according to CarInsurance.com’s rate analysis. Michigan’s average annual premium for full coverage is $2,158 — almost $291 higher than the national average of $1,867."

Believe me when I tell you we shopped it around annually, and we used every discount imaginable. That $6K per year for three vehicles (Ford Flex, Edge and Escape) was the least.

It was a welcome thing to move to NC. Insurance is normalized. It's the DMV here that's all f-ed up.
The problem with using a Club is that steering wheel rings are made to bend, so the driver's chest doesn't collapse from impact- this means a hack saw can easily cut it or it can be bent so the club is ineffective. WRT the chest impact, too many people drive extremely close to the wheel and they don't understand that if the car hits something, it stops, but they won't. My mom learned this the hard way when she was T-boned- she was right on the wheel and I see it frequently and all of the drivers have normal length arms.

I went with Connect, by Costco- it's a division of American Family and the cost per month for equal coverage is much lower than anyone else that I checked. Also, they only bill ten times/year. I called about homeowner's insurance yesterday and it looks like I'll be switching that, too.

The problem with using a Club is that steering wheel rings are made to bend, so the driver's chest doesn't collapse from impact- this means a hack saw can easily cut it or it can be bent so the club is ineffective. WRT the chest impact, too many people drive extremely close to the wheel and they don't understand that if the car hits something, it stops, but they won't. My mom learned this the hard way when she was T-boned- she was right on the wheel and I see it frequently and all of the drivers have normal length arms.

I went with Connect, by Costco- it's a division of American Family and the cost per month for equal coverage is much lower than anyone else that I checked. Also, they only bill ten times/year. I called about homeowner's insurance yesterday and it looks like I'll be switching that, too.
Thanks for the tip about Connect by Costco. I'll be sure to see if ti's available in our state.

You mentioned The Club. Way back in the 70's, we used to call them "Nice Tries". As in: "My car was in the driveway with a Nice Try on it. Now it's gone."

In the basement Blue Light In The Window Party room of a school buddy on my block, his mother's boyfriend had one wall covered with The Clubs for decoration. There were dozens of them. His dad called them his trophies. Guess what he did for a living...

Thanks for the tip about Connect by Costco. I'll be sure to see if ti's available in our state.

You mentioned The Club. Way back in the 70's, we used to call them "Nice Tries". As in: "My car was in the driveway with a Nice Try on it. Now it's gone."

In the basement Blue Light In The Window Party room of a school buddy on my block, his mother's boyfriend had one wall covered with The Clubs for decoration. There were dozens of them. His dad called them his trophies. Guess what he did for a living...
It's not available as 'Connect' in all states, but they have other partners- I asked on Monday because I have been considering selling my house and moving out of Wisconsin.

Latest posts

Back