Best Buy Stores

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I Have a Sony Cybershot camera.
It's not an expensive high $ top of the line camera though.
It takes great pictures. I love it. It also takes pretty good videos too.

I have a Kodak too but that one sucks.
But then again you were talking about a higher quality camera that I'm sure has a lot more features and capabilities.

Funny. It seems if he had provided the same info to the guy not making enough money to afford the ipad, he could have saved everyone a lot of time and trouble, including the police. They were warrantless as well.

Meh, the burden of proof is on the store. You would think the store manager might realize that they are accusing a person of stealing something that was out of stock or not even displayed. The fact that nobody saw him take the item is another problem, it is illegal to detain someone just because you think they might possibly have taken something.

These guys are lucky that the customer didn't have them charged with public defamation and unlawful confinement.

Meh, the burden of proof is on the store. You would think the store manager might realize that they are accusing a person of stealing something that was out of stock or not even displayed. The fact that nobody saw him take the item is another problem, it is illegal to detain someone just because you think they might possibly have taken something.

These guys are lucky that the customer didn't have them charged with public defamation and unlawful confinement.

That's not my point, the issue could have been avoided, and resources reserved (by not calling the police) had the individual divulged, in the middle of a clearly busy store, in the middle of a busy holiday, that sold the item he had in his possession, that it was his, and provided the accompanying proof, which he verbally had. No need to present a receipt. Can't take what's not there, he could have ended the situation and been on his merry way with no incident, but instead decided to make an issue out of it.

I think we just have to agree to disagree on this one. I think the only way the rent-a-cops and overzealous managers learn anything is if it lands them in ****. If there are no repercussions to their bullying tactics then it means they will continue to treat innocent people like criminals while the criminals get away.

I think we just have to agree to disagree on this one. I think the only way the rent-a-cops and overzealous managers learn anything is if it lands them in ****. If there are no repercussions to their bullying tactics then it means they will continue to treat innocent people like criminals while the criminals get away.

But there were no repercussions.

We have an unbalanced check and balance with our current economy, Best Buy is not going to lose business over this, if they do, it will be supplemented by the next consumer, and hence the Consumer Hydra is born.

What would have been best is to demonstrate how he wanted to be treated, you know, the golden rule, and maybe he could have affected change through a positive means, instead, no one learned anything, and resources were lost.

As child I was taught to act, not react, if I was honest and forth right before I went in, there would be no reason to not divulge the reasoning behind my possessing a product they offer. Remaining convoluted, not providing proof, which they have a right to ask for, you are in their store, and then providing information to the police at request, although as previously stated, there was never a warrant issued, although that was his demands for the Best Buy employee, makes everyone in this situation a loser.

It was a fail for all involved.

But I digress, we agree to disagree.

Wait a minute here, there will be no agreeing on anything on my watch. Except maybe that Best Buy sucks.

I don't know, where is Otah anyways?

I don't know but I do know the grammer police and they say there is never an "S" after anyway.:eek:

I don't know but I do know the grammer police and they say there is never an "S" after anyway.:eek:

Grammar isn't my thing. Punctuation on the other hand...

Latest posts

Back