A couple pics of my work.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seriously, I'm getting fat. I don't do any digging anymore and I kinda wan t to jump in and do some when I see the contractors doing it. Hand digging does suck, but sometimes there is a bit of satisfaction in getting dirty and working up a sweat.
Also, from seeing some of the temperature posts in your area, maybe I wouldn't feel so left out for too long.

I did that over the Labor Day weekend last year. 3 days solid out in the sun, the vast majority of it digging through through roots. That is the closest I have ever come to falling out.

Seriously, I'm getting fat. I don't do any digging anymore and I kinda wan t to jump in and do some when I see the contractors doing it. Hand digging does suck, but sometimes there is a bit of satisfaction in getting dirty and working up a sweat.
Also, from seeing some of the temperature posts in your area, maybe I wouldn't feel so left out for too long.

I am too for similar reasons. I've been out of kitchens for a few years now and if I don't keep up with my exercise regiment I pack on the pounds quickly.

Don't play in the middle of the road Chris. It's dangerous.

Fun day today, I have 12 utility crossings on this road. Got across two High Pressure Gasoline Lines a crude oil line and a 10" Water line. Tomorrow is a 48" Storm Drain line and a 16" High Pressure natural gas line and another crude oil line.

IMAG0094.jpg

IMAG0091.jpg

IMAG0089.jpg

IMAG0093.jpg

Sweet so you're doing it?

Ooh, I love the ones with the tank treads on it instead of wheels. My dad would have loved something like that. It's called a backhoe, right?

Reminds me of some of the Tonka toys I had as a kid. I still have a metal Tonka dump truck somewhere.

Are we ever going to see a pic of that level thing you mentioned?

I still think it is so cool to see what goes in to the work to put the lines and such in. As just a layperson, it doesn't always come to mind just how difficult it is and how much effort goes into it. Plus I do have a fascination with how things are done.

Btw, here is the subfloor at my friend's house. We were helping him fix the place up. The top layers of floor were water damaged and he discovered that the original floor appeared to be printed wall paneling.
tumblr_mnzls8JZGR1qkwd9ao1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mnzls8JZGR1qkwd9ao2_1280.jpg

Come on out. The G/f's granddaughter is about ready to need help with poopie, and I could use a hand!

I would do it if it meant I could hang out on the lake. I'm doing it anyways.

Latest posts

Back