What toilet do plumbers buy?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FWIW, never heard of MaP flushing or toilet ratings...
However when we were looking at this home we now live in to buy, (it was a new model/spec home for the builder) our real estate agent made a minor derogatory comment about the Gerber toilets. I said as long as they work for a while, no problem--toilets are an easy change.

Four years later, no issues with any of them, they all flush well regardless. Don't know the ratings. I would not imagine they were costly since builders try to thrift things, not spend money on costly toilets that may have a higher rating, but still look like--well, toilets! If they ever spend "extra" money it's on things that people can see and go "Wow" on. Crown molding, two colors of paint, stainless appliances. Toilets? No.

What the others said about ease of rising from seated is a very valid consideration. But If you guys prefer standard height toilet Greg and the need for a tall one arises, on the market are replacement raised seats for standard toilets. I think you get an extra 4 cm of height. They became very popular when ADA rules first were implemented in the United States. Installation is a no-tools DIY job.

Grab bars for helping steady & lift one's self are also an option if there is something adjacent upon which to mount them.

Editorial:
Personally, I like the shorter bowls. They're more comfortable for me at 175 cm tall and for my wife at 155 cm than taller ones. (And we're by no means young)

According to a gastroenterologist with whom I discussed this once, our anatomy dictates that the closer to squatting one is the more complete & easier the evacuation will be. This lessens the chance for diverticula forming and for suffering a hemorrhagic stroke from the strain of pushing, especially in the morning when the danger is highest. Of course, a plant based diet provides great benefit.

In most African counties, even in the developed cities, squat toilets are very common.

Decisions! Decisions!

Enjoy Today!
Paul

I got the Squatty Potty thing to set in front of the toilet to get into squat position, but having a chair height toilet is much easier to get up from.

Latest posts

Back