What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got those same boots, and mini ex but mine is newer.

I just went on an unwanted quad ride in the mountains behind my house. My blind dog wandered off and got himself lost in snake country. Had to find him and give him a quad ride home.

I got those same boots, and mini ex but mine is newer.

I just went on an unwanted quad ride in the mountains behind my house. My blind dog wandered off and got himself lost in snake country. Had to find him and give him a quad ride home.

How they working for you? I love em so far. I usually buy Rocky's but I mean there's an American flag on the Justin's. Nuff said.

Working pretty good. I don't wear them everyday. I'm still wearing out a pair of underarmors.

Working pretty good. I don't wear them everyday. I'm still wearing out a pair of underarmors.

That'll just make em last longer. I try to rotate mine.

Honestly. You guys should try combat boots, IMO they are the best all around and most are waterproof and extremely comfortable. Just not standard issue ones. They suck.

177b11e54041b3c568f1cbce99b3d018.jpg

Marriage hurts, got it hung in the rack.

Wife got this leash for me about 3 yrs into our marriage.
Been on my neck for 21 yrs.

2016-03-27 003.jpg

My ring got a crack in it from too much abuse on jobsites (and yes, at one point my finger looked like spc's). I gave it to my wife for safe keeping, and she managed to loose it.

I would say that I am obviously on my way out, but that was 10 years ago.

Ouch. That ring injury looks nasty!

Glad you're ok though.

I apologize in advance for the venting that follows.

I got a call from my friend yesterday-- the one that was in the really bad car wreck last April-- and he said his girlfriend's 6-year-old son set his house on fire. His girlfriend was boiling eggs for Easter on the gas stove. Her 6-year-old son was in the front room and her 3-year-old daughter was in the back bedroom (with the kitchen in between). She went to go wake the daughter up and the smoke alarm went off. She went into the kitchen and didn't see or smell smoke. So she turned it off. Then another smoke alarm went off in her son's bedroom. No fire there, so she turned it off thinking it was a fluke. By the time she saw the fire, it was too late. From what we gathered, when she left the kitchen, the brat went and got some paper and stuck it in the flames on the stove and then realized he'd get in trouble. He didn't want his mother to see it so instead of putting it in the sink, he threw it behind the couch (in the front room). The mother panicked and couldn't find the fire extinguisher. She tried to put it out with a towel but it wouldn't work. She yelled at her son to get out through the front door and ran to get the 3-year-old. At some point she called my friend's work to say the house was on fire. She couldn't get to the front door because of the fire and she couldn't get the windows open. My friend was told his house was on fire and ran home and kicked the front door in but couldn't get to his girlfriend and daughter. He then went to the back of the house and started ripping air conditioners out of windows and even ripped a window frame off the house before he found a window they could get out through and ripped it open and got them to climb out.

He tried to find the cats, but it was too late. The three cats that were indoors were dead from smoke inhalation and the 2 guinea pigs died as well.
The outside structure of the house is standing, but the inside can't be salvaged. The TV, the computers, the game systems, the clothes, the toys, the family photos-- everything melted or was soaked with water from the fire dept when they got there.

They went in later and pulled out the body of the cats and the a-hole 6-year-old looked at the bodies and said "It's ok. Everything can be replaced."

He didn't understand that he almost got his mother and sister killed. They were trapped for several minutes inhaling the smoke.

Fortunately the dogs and two of the cats were outside so they survived, but now they are homeless.

My friend called the kid's father to come get him so he wouldn't do something he regretted. The mother had minor burns on her legs, my friend got some burns on his arm and side of his head, the 3-year-old inhaled smoke and has been coughing, but the 6-year-old didn't even have a spec of ash on him.

The brat's deadbeat dad (who hasn't paid child support in over a year) showed up in a sports car with $2k speakers installed.

We took in the 2 remaining cats home and I bought food for the dogs that are chained up outside. The cats made themselves right at home in the front room-- so we currently have 16 cats in the house.

I just feel awful for the poor kitties and for my friend because it seems like every time he's getting a handle on things, something else happens to screw his life up.

I tried to post this last night, but my internet went out and just came back on.

A couple of photos:
12593848_10153894408850168_1457163068166002502_o.jpg

12140055_10153894418550168_3911967833755165509_o.jpg

That's horrible :(

I know. Fortunately, all of the dogs were outside. I made sure to show those pictures to the girlfriend's supervisors at Walmart so they could see that she wasn't kidding about how bad the damage was. Another employee told her to pick out clothes and stuff that they would need for her, my friend, and the kids and she paid for it and they are going to try to see if Walmart has any sort of disaster aid.

My friend wants to see if he can get the house torn down completely and put up a pre-built structure that can be expanded after in its place. Just down the street there are some shed buildings that look like itty bitty houses and he's going to see if he can find one that is rent-to-own where he can pay maybe $200 a month or something.

My friend is one of those guys who would give a person the shirt off his back and he helps a lot of people so he has quite a few friends who want to help him out, but the economy in this area sucks so most of it is in the form of donating clothes and smaller stuff. We're going to have to see if the local Red Cross can help somehow.

Maybe I should ask on the garage forum, but does anyone know of good pre-built (non trailer/motor home) buildings or the kind that can be assembled or something that could work as a house? He was thinking for now they could have 2 bedrooms, but 3 would be better.

Also, where do people buy fire extinguishers? I don't think we have one and now I'm paranoid about it.

Any hardware store should have fire extinguishers

Thanks. I'll have to check with the nearest big box stores since I don't trust the local hardware stores-- both of them get used stuff from auctions and other sources so quality is not always guaranteed.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjpIijRirUs&ebc=ANyPxKpbICPFivbyroZ9lm0fGFE3SqPUfaqfGJOueK2RiOoGg-BHCkX6HidVKAibMwClDfoqwybWHlOL3edHWL45h3B2nEL7Nw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjpIijRirUs&ebc=ANyPxKpbICPFivbyroZ9lm0fGFE3SqPUfaqfGJOueK2RiOoGg-BHCkX6HidVKAibMwClDfoqwybWHlOL3edHWL45h3B2nEL7Nw[/ame]

TO MY BROTHER

BROTHER, where dost thou dwell ?

What sun shines for thee now ?
Dost thou indeed fare well,

As we wished thee here below ?

What season didst thou find ?

'Twas winter here.
Are not the Fates more kind

Than they appear?

Is thy brow clear again
As in thy youthful years ?

And was that ugly pain
The summit of thy fears ?

Yet thou wast cheery still;

They could not quench thy fire;
Thou didst abide their will,

And then retire.

Where chiefly shall I look
To feel thy presence near ?

Along the neighboring brook
May I thy voice still hear ?

Dost thou still haunt the brink

Of yonder river's tide ?
And may I ever think

That thou art by my side?

Today was a good day. A much needed day off. So I relaxed....watched the new season of trailer park boys on Netflix and did up pork tenderloin and sausage in the smoker. Pretty lazy day, and it was perfect.

Hard at it back to work tomorrow though

Latest posts

Back