What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just received a notification that my SSN was found in use on the Dark Web probably as a result of that AT&T data breach a while ago. The report included the name, address and phone number of the person potentially using my info. How does one proceed?
I work part time at a gun store and do background checks. When they pass, it says 'proceed'

I know this is pretty much a plumbing forum, but.. I'm going to do the last few days with other stuff...
My wife asked if I could move a tv from the top of a dresser to the wall. (Yes Dear) Ok. Not a problem,
Had a mounting kit from Amazon in 2 hours (wow, was that fast) used that to secure the tv up on the wall.
The next words were, can you put a piece of granite on the top of the dresser ? (Yes Dear)
Cut the granite, profiled the edges, polished the edges. Had to get my son to cary it into the house. (Getting old sucks)
Wow, that's pretty, can you hide the wire ? ( Yes Dear) ran a new receptical from a lower one . Fishing the wire up through the wall was actually not to bad. The bad part... when I built my house, I used 12 awg wire. No problems back then. But now adding a 3rd wire into that box, that 12 awg wire was terrible to bend around. As I had to remove the wires from the receptacle, twist them togeather ( black togeather, white togeather, ground togeather, plus adding a 4th pigtail wire ) to connect the original receptical back up. These old fingers just didn't like manipulating those stiff wires . Now I know why electricians use 14 awg wire.
But gotterdone as they say.
Couple pictures... this was before adding the electrical outlet behind the tv.
She is happy.. so I'm happy ! ("Yes Dear" works.... for 46 years now)

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1713274261191.jpg
    FB_IMG_1713274261191.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 0
  • FB_IMG_1713274268462.jpg
    FB_IMG_1713274268462.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 0
Just received a notification that my SSN was found in use on the Dark Web probably as a result of that AT&T data breach a while ago. The report included the name, address and phone number of the person potentially using my info. How does one proceed?

Got a notice from who ? From SS ?

Maybe that's "from whom" ?

Joe H

Got a notice from who ? From SS ?

Maybe that's "from whom" ?

Joe H
The message came from Discover with who/whom I have a card with.

Is Discovery alerting you to a breech in THEIR security?
They monitor the dark web for their member’s personal data regardless of the source. In this case, the bastard was attempting to set up something within the “AT&T data” universe probably as a result of the recent AT&T data breech.

Latest posts

Back