What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice! Does that piece of cardboard indicate there's the potential for some "drippage" coming from somewhere?
It is a holdover from when I had a lower radiator hose leak that was deceivingly hard to find. I did finally get the time and traced it down, replaced the hose and the leak went away. I wanted something to soak up the antifreeze in case my dog was out there and tried to have a drink.

Diverting away from this radiator / antifreeze talk.....
My lovely wife requested another piece of granite for an end table in our living room. So.... I've got this bigger piece that I'm cutting down to size, while my lovely wife helper is supervising. I'm right in the middle of a cut, and there is this insistent tapping on my shoulder. Now, you shouldn't just stop a cut in the middle as it can leave nasty marks which cause much more work later, so I finish the cut, and then ask. "What " ? She says.. there is a black widow right by your hand... I find it and smoosh it. But, I could have gotten bit by that nasty little critter.
I guess I better pay attention to that tapping on my shoulder.
I'll give you a pic of the granite in its current shape, just cut, no profile, no polish on the edges. (I like this color granite)

Attachments

• 20240421_094701.jpg
    20240421_094701.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Diverting away from this radiator / antifreeze talk.....
My lovely wife requested another piece of granite for an end table in our living room. So.... I've got this bigger piece that I'm cutting down to size, while my lovely wife helper is supervising. I'm right in the middle of a cut, and there is this insistent tapping on my shoulder. Now, you shouldn't just stop a cut in the middle as it can leave nasty marks which cause much more work later, so I finish the cut, and then ask. "What " ? She says.. there is a black widow right by your hand... I find it and smoosh it. But, I could have gotten bit by that nasty little critter.
I guess I better pay attention to that tapping on my shoulder.
I'll give you a pic of the granite in its current shape, just cut, no profile, no polish on the edges. (I like this color granite)
Yikes but I am interested in a pic of the squashed bug!

Our 2019 GC has a bought and paid for “bumper to bumper” warranty from Chrysler and they want $675 to replace a two foot piece of weather strip that the double-sided adhesive tape let loose on one end. The warranty only covers mechanicals so this piece of trim is on me. Boy am glad I didn’t throw away that roll of thin clear double-sided tape!

Our 2019 GC has a bought and paid for “bumper to bumper” warranty from Chrysler and they want $675 to replace a two foot piece of weather strip that the double-sided adhesive tape let loose on one end. The warranty only covers mechanicals so this piece of trim is on me. Boy am glad I didn’t throw away that roll of thin clear double-sided tape!
A true "bumper to bumper" warranty should include EVERYTHING between the bumpers. I would fight this like hell!

All vehicles need repairs... Jeeps are no different... I used to be a mechanic many years ago and I do all the repairs on all mine and my families vehicles. I love fixing things...
Jeeps are different because I don't take other vehicles into places where my Jeep is comfortable going, places that can break things more readily than a paved road.

Back