What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of cameras for cars, I went out yesterday and found the suction cup failed on my camera install inside the windshield. The reason being is I placed this camera behind my rear view mirror, which is the area where the black dots are used to strengthen the glass, and suction cups really don't work. I went to home Depot yesterday afternoon and purchased the heavy duty double sided tape, and stuck the camera to it, but just looked this morning, and the camera was dangling again. I just got onto the Red Tiger web site and found a non-suction cup mount, so I went ahead and purchased it.

Speaking of cameras for cars, I went out yesterday and found the suction cup failed on my camera install inside the windshield. The reason being is I placed this camera behind my rear view mirror, which is the area where the black dots are used to strengthen the glass, and suction cups really don't work. I went to home Depot yesterday afternoon and purchased the heavy duty double sided tape, and stuck the camera to it, but just looked this morning, and the camera was dangling again. I just got onto the Red Tiger web site and found a non-suction cup mount, so I went ahead and purchased it.
I never have been a fan of suction cup mounts.

It was the mounting side that gave way. I have a tube of 100% silicone that I also considered, but I honestly believe is was because I didn't clean either side properly. I figured since I only have 1400 miles on the car, it should be clean, but forgot about the plastic gassing. I probably won't even drive the car until I get the solid mount, so I will just wait for the 3 day delivery, then clean with alcohol and possibly install on the plastic cowling behind the rear view mirror.

Note: Most tape adhesives will be adversely affected by the sun. When taping to the inside of a windshield, guess what us facing the sun...

The ancient sumarians used a mixture of stone dust, goat urine and oatmeal to adhere the gold mirrors onto their flying chariots thousands of years ago before the great flood.

One of these days I'll get a dashcam. Wish I'd had one over the getting pulled over thing the other day. I could have proved he was full of crap about where the school zone started and about what speed I was going. At least I didn't get a ticket though. But that cop is being slammed on social media and has been pissing people in town off badly. He wrote 126 tickets in 10 days and some of it was for absolute bs.

The heat causing adhesive to peel is a pain. Had to get inspection stickers replaced a few times bc they fell off and curled up.

I forgot to call back the Diabetes supply place about the sensor. Took Mom for followup on her walking pneumonia. I laughed bc the printout for the appointment said "fu" in the description. Took her for lab work on wednesday and had to bring in the urine sample thursday bc she was out of juice when she went. Everything looked good. Lungs are clear, pneumonia is gone, bloodwork was good. I think her bloodwork is now better than mine. She doesn't have any heart problems or arthritis like I do. Her edema is gone. Diabetes supply place said her insurance approved the insulin pump and they will send it.

UPS delivered the ups (battery backup) to the front door. I covered all the vents with dust screen, plugged all of the unused outlets, put black tape over anywhere roaches could hide. These things have been the bane of my existence. They keep dancing over the areas where I sprayed Zevo. I made my friend laugh when he suggested they wouldn't get into fans bc I said these buggers will ride a fan like a ferris wheel. Then I told him to just picture them swinging around on the fan going "wheeeeeeeee".

Rubbed peppermint oil all over the new ups. Put dust screen on a cooling fan to sit under the modem. Used canned air to spray the roaches off the modem, misted with peppermint oil, put it on the fan and made sure the fan actually works.

I really need to get all the cardboard boxes, empty bottles, and other junk out of the living room so I can plant roach bombs. I have tried Zevo, peppermint oil, diatomaceous earth, bait traps, etc. These buggers are thriving and multiplying. I also need to bomb the kitchen, but need to do it when I can find a way to lock all the cats and dogs out of the kitchen area and then will have to deep clean afterward. Should probably do the pantry as well. Haven't seen too many in the front room. Need to keep them from spreading though, but I also need to be careful bc peppermint oil can kill cats and I love my kitties. They actually try to catch the roaches.

Mom kept griping about how I organized stuff on her desk so I got her some more things to hold stuff so things weren't crammed in as tightly in some of her containers. But she's still aggravating me by throwing empty water bottles across the room instead of putting them in the trash when I gave her a trash can to put next to her desk-- and she put orange peels in that trash can without putting them in a bag or something else so now they have fruit flies on them.

Meanwhile, the central AC is on the fritz. Can't get it to cool bc the fan won't stay on. It short cycles. stays on a few seconds and then shuts off. I've tried turning off the breaker and turning it back on. Turned AC off at thermostat and back on. Turned on fan only but fan still cuts out. Not sure what the problem is but have to wait until Monday to find a place that is open if my friend can't figure it out.

My brother pointed out that one of our cats has a large lump on her chest. Could be a pilar cyst/sebaceous cyst but I'm worried it could be cancer. Will need to take her in to the vet on Monday.

True story: My family was living in Muleshoe, TX, back in the late 1950s. We were sitting around the breakfast table and my mom and dad were having coffee. My dad took a sip and got this look of horror on his face. He spat out a live cockroach that had survived the plunge into the boiling hot coffee only to scurry off the table and live another day.

Is it any wonder the roach shall inherit the earth?

Insect Bombs don't work well.
Evacuate the house, no people, dogs, cats, fish, etc. Light a Sulfer candle, in a cup, sitting in a soup bowl full of water, in each room & a few in basement.
Return in 6-8 hours & air the place out, shovel roach bodies out.

Dying Female roaches lay egg sacs, 10-20 eggs each sac.
Some of the eggs will hatch in 10 days, some in 14 days, some as long as 21 days. You need to keep fighting them for 3 weeks!
No, make that 4 weeks.

Boric acid (powdered) works, as long as it's dry. ( and it won't hurt humans, unless you salt your food with it )

Back