What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you can also apply for a filing extension, which last I knew would be an October deadline. Just a simple form, I believe.
But you have to know what you owe and send that in before then 15th. It just let's you file the real forms later. Kinda dumb, if you have to pretty much know what you owe. How you suppose to know that If you havnt filled out the forms allready..
SmartSelect_20240322_103557_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

That’s the sewage treatment holding pond just outside of Don Juan, Porto Rico.

They use a blue/green dye so it looks good from the shore and tourists hotel balconies.
Close! Fifty-one years ago when I was in the US Navy, I was stationed here at the tip of that infamous triangle where ships and planes mysteriously were lost forever.

Close! Fifty-one years ago when I was in the US Navy, I was stationed here at the tip of that infamous triangle where ships and planes mysteriously were lost forever.
Yes, that’s the side of the island the sewer treatment plant is on. They let the dyed poop flow into the Bermuda Triangle where it sinks and Havasu fish eat it. Havasu fish are invasive fish brought from California while a police convention was being held in the Bahamas. Legend has it that some police sergeant named Havasu was getting freaky with some pet fish they brought from Cali and a few accidentally got flush down the toilet.

Yes, that’s the side of the island the sewer treatment plant is on. They let the dyed poop flow into the Bermuda Triangle where it sinks and Havasu fish eat it. Havasu fish are invasive fish brought from California while a police convention was being held in the Bahamas. Legend has it that some police sergeant named Havasu was getting freaky with some pet fish they brought from Cali and a few accidentally got flush down the toilet.
Maybe I don't want to go to there... uuugh...fooled me with that blue water.

Maybe I don't want to go to there... uuugh...fooled me with that blue water.
On Tuesday nights from 5-7 all you can eat fried Havasu fish at the local VFW $5.99 and it includes sweet tea. So you might want to reconsider

Some of the members are great, others... ehh, not so much!

So, 4 years ago I went to purchase a Sleep Number bed. The salesman must have been a used car salesman, and after I declined his "best and last" price, I walked away. I felt greasy, slimy and dirty. I went to Mattress Firm and purchased a similar type bed, but it only lifts all the back, and all the legs. It doesn't work when Mama wants to watch TV in bed and I want to lay flat. We went back to Sleep Number and this time was a great, retired Marine. No pressure, very helpful, and honestly seemed to care. We ended up buying a totally split Cal King I-8. Yes, it was twice what I paid for my first new car, and nearly 1/2 of what i paid for my first house, but Mama will be happy when it gets delivered next month.

Some of the members are great, others... ehh, not so much!

So, 4 years ago I went to purchase a Sleep Number bed. The salesman must have been a used car salesman, and after I declined his "best and last" price, I walked away. I felt greasy, slimy and dirty. I went to Mattress Firm and purchased a similar type bed, but it only lifts all the back, and all the legs. It doesn't work when Mama wants to watch TV in bed and I want to lay flat. We went back to Sleep Number and this time was a great, retired Marine. No pressure, very helpful, and honestly seemed to care. We ended up buying a totally split Cal King I-8. Yes, it was twice what I paid for my first new car, and nearly 1/2 of what i paid for my first house, but Mama will be happy when it gets delivered next month.
Will it actually bend up enough to watch TV ?
I have a very old sleep number.. 20 + years. I've worn out the pillow top, but not the guts. It was very well made. But no bending for tv watching. Just looked up the receipt, $2729.00 in 2003. Top of the line then.
Thought about that exact i8 bed. 5k ?

Last edited:
Will it actually bend up enough to watch TV ?
I have a very old sleep number.. 20 + years. I've worn out the pillow top, but not the guts. It was very well made. But no bending for tv watching. Just looked up the receipt, $2729.00 in 2003. Top of the line then.
Thought about that exact i8 bed. 5k ?
This bed can lift for TV, and has a "Zero Gravity Mode, which automatically drops after a preset time, and a pressure sensitive under bed night light (great for mid night tinkles).

The split frame, bed, additional remote (you can use a smart phone) the $50 headboard brackets, two mattress pads (XL Twins) and a cheap sheet set (2 halves bottom fitted, 1 top sheet, and 2 pillow cases) with $250 delivery charge, along with 7.75% taxes, was $8636.24. This was 20% off for friends and family discount.

This bed can lift for TV, and has a "Zero Gravity Mode, which automatically drops after a preset time, and a pressure sensitive under bed night light (great for mid night tinkles).

The split frame, bed, additional remote (you can use a smart phone) the $50 headboard brackets, two mattress pads (XL Twins) and a cheap sheet set (2 halves bottom fitted, 1 top sheet, and 2 pillow cases) with $250 delivery charge, along with 7.75% taxes, was $8636.24. This was 20% off for friends and family discount.
Always wondered about the mattress bending, and if it would wear out prematurely.

I'm probably going to have to go in and test them .. but that's a good one. You will love it.

Always wondered about the mattress bending, and if it would wear out prematurely.
The bed is essentially foam and air. It has a 15 year guarantee, no questions asked. The new Sleep Number has balance controls, so if you adjust for back sleeping, then roll to your side, the pressure will regulate immediately so you soften the pressure points. Your connected phone also tells you how many times you tossed and turn, which stops you from getting the good REM sleep. They have come a long way, but considering 1/3rd of your life in in bed, may as well make it comfortable. Damn, I sound like a bed salesman now! Sorry!

Latest posts

Back