What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zanne, I lead such a tame and boring life in comparison!

I do have a question. It regards plumbing, human plumbing, and psychology and is there any way to correct what I am experiencing: For as long as I can remember, I've reacted in a very odd way when I hear the sound of water running in the sink. I get this incredible desire to pee! Is there a way to correct this behavior or is it medical or am I the only one? Also, if it is not uncommon, do both women and men experience anything like this?

I think it is psychological and I don't know where it started but I do know it affects both men and women. The sound of running water just seems to encourage urination for some reason. I don't know why. Touching water or drinking water does it too. One of my mother's nicknames in childhood was "Princess Running Water". She'd touch water to wash dishes and have to run to the bathroom. I wonder if it harkens back to times when people would wade in rivers or streams to relieve themselves and it would wash the urine downstream or something.

I went to the post office but found out the package I'm waiting on has been "delayed". It was sent out on the 9th and I think USPS lost it. Amazon is offering to refund the $ in case it never arrives but if it does, we still get to keep the items and the $.

I stopped at the local hardware store to inquire about tub surround walls. A friend got his there a few years back. They said they haven't gotten any in for a long time. Then I popped in to TSC for cow feed and found they had the hay bales with molasses back in stock.

Dropped by to give my friend a tool. His gf was there giving me stink eye the entire time. We've been arguing about how he needs to kick her out. She's openly cheating on him with another guy but she's there with the other guy's baby treating him like garbage. He said he was ready to kick her out and then he keeps waffling.

Went back home and cows were ecstatic. Cooked for Mom and I'm relaxing now. Waiting until its been long enough after taking my meds to eat something. I have to wait 30min minimum after eating for the meds to absorb properly. Have to wait 4 hours after eating to take them.

Kitties are piled on so moving is not going to be easy. LOL.

I had oatmeal. Didn't get to the store before Thursday and everything was closed. Mom wasn't feeling great and my brother was at work.
Today I did some online shopping and stayed nice and dry (there were thunderstorms). Kitties tried to "help" by jumping on the keyboard. Got some new tools.

Oddly, all the stores here in Northern Virginia were open until 17:00 or 18:00 and business was brisk. Seeing you say you had oatmeal brought a tear to my eye for some reason. I hope Christmas food shopping is better!

My turkey day feast. Then all the leftovers were rebuilt fresh for another dozen relatives last night. We just washed our 42nd dish. Today we aren't budging off our butts. Fortunately the weather was great, so we were outside under the patio, watching some football, while the kids ran amuck until it got dark. 20221124_163541.jpg

You ll also see those small side dishes. Some are gluten free, some are vegan, damn, you need to be a 5 star chef just to cook for family these days!

I just purchased a second Roomba Vacuum. Today, both are running from both sides of the house. Sure makes quick work of all the feet roaming around the house the last few days.

You ll also see those small side dishes. Some are gluten free, some are vegan, damn, you need to be a 5 star chef just to cook for family these days!
You're a very kind soul for doing that. Potential guests at my house need to respond to a five-question survey about what they will and won't eat. Over half don't pass the test and don't get the invite.

What was more concerning was the strong opinions on several groups on their political stances. I made a pact that politics were off limits while here. This made for a Switzerland type of atmosphere in my home.

What was more concerning was the strong opinions on several groups on their political stances. I made a pact that politics were off limits while here. This made for a Switzerland type of atmosphere in my home.
I understand completely but I guess I would never qualify to be a guest at one of your "soirees". Anything remotely sounding like being "woke" and I am triggered.

My daughter was a far right Republican...that is until she spent 4 years at UCI (Irvine, Ca.) receiving her Masters Degree.

They indoctrinated her real good with a complete liberal mind. The rest are on the other side, so we don't talk politics. Everyone is happier.

Don't feel bad for me for eating oatmeal, I actually really like it. I hadn't had any in a long time. Maple and brown sugar oatmeal is good. Just tried the cinnamon spice one and its good too. Oatmeal was my comfort food when I was a kid. One of my dogs LOVES the stuff. We had a box of the packets get knocked on the floor and she tore into it. She was making noises letting me know she wanted some while I was eating. I left her a couple spoons of it and let her lick the bowl.

Yesterday I went to Samsclub. Got up there before dark but it turned dark fast while I was inside. I got sidetracked by a lonely woman who wanted someone to talk to and I decided to indulge her. She's a widow and just rescued a kitten. I figured she needed to get it out of her system a bit. I have days like that where I need to purge my thoughts and yabber at people.

I had to load up five cases of water, three 25lb bags of cat food, 2 gallons of milk, and some other things like arthritis pain cream, mucinex, etc. I need to use the arthritis stuff but need to get the pack open and my left arm & shoulder hate me. Hurts all the way through my collarbone now. I stopped by Wendy's drive thru for some grilled chicken sandwiches. Then I got stuck in detour hell. So, in order to leave town, you can't just go back on the road you came in on-- you have to take a roundabout. But all roads to the roundabout were blocked off by police. It was dark and there were police cars everywhere & it was a cluster. I got stuck behind some idiots who were stopped at green lights. Then I hit a spot where a cop was directing people. He pointed his flashlight directly in my eyes and temporarily blinded me-- he was waving for me to go but I couldn't bc someone he'd directed to stop drove through anyway. Almost hit him and tried to drive around his car. I heard him shout "HEY, STOP!" and the person just kept going and then stopped next to his car. He went over to deal with them and I took that opportunity to go. My night vision sucks so I ended up using gps in my truck to help me find the right road to bypass the circle. In daylight I could have checked my surroundings but I couldn't see anything but headlights and tail lights. Popped in to drop off some stuff for my friend's dentures and headed home. But bc it was dark I somehow missed the turn off for my road. I've never done that before. Drove 3 miles past it and was like "Where the hell am I?" Checked GPS and turned around. Got home, brought in groceries and was exhausted. Fortunately, Mom made herself food so she didn't ask me to cook for her and she saw how tired I was. I ate my food (which was still lukewarm bc they wrap it in foil). Dragged myself to bed and racked out.

Woke up around 5am bc I heard my brother coughing really hard. He got sent home from work early last night because he was sick. I went out to the truck to bring in a case of chicken noodle soup for him, got him some medicine, and refilled his water jug with filtered water. Last 2 nights he's given me some of the food he bought before coming home.

I'm about to take some allergy meds and naproxyn and take a nap. Still too tired from yesterday. Gonna have to open a new bag of cat food when I get up.

My neighbor sold his "Toy Box" trailer this morning. Everyone in the neighborhood got a test wake up call because the buyer came over with $15,000 in hundred dollar bills, and he is afraid some are counterfeit. So far, nobody has one.

LOL. I had a similar experience many years ago although not with the counterfeit concern that your neighbor had.

I sold my pristine 1982 Porsche 928 for $26,000 to a guy I met on-line who was interested. We shook hands virtually over the internet and he said he'd be in touch.

Early one Sunday morning there was a knock on the door and, because I was recovering from a late Saturday night filled with the killing of many brain cells, I was unable to get to the door in time to answer it. As I got to the door, a piece of paper suddenly appeared between the door and the floor to the apartment in which I lived. I looked outside to see a black on black BMW 7 series in the drive way with two men on either side of the car waiting for the person who delivered the note to return.

I opened the sliding glass balcony door and hailed the individuals to please come back. I let three almost sinister looking men in trench coats into my apartment one of which was carrying a brief case with $26,000 in bank wrapped $20 bills. The purchaser of the car waited patiently for this shaking hung over sot to count each and every bill.

It took the better part of the morning to complete the count but it was all there. I also learned never take more than $9,999.99 to the credit union for deposit because they told me of the extra paperwork that they had to fill out. I made the deposit in three separate transactions on three days as suggested.

LOL. I had a similar experience many years ago although not with the counterfeit concern that your neighbor had.

I sold my pristine 1982 Porsche 928 for $26,000 to a guy I met on-line who was interested. We shook hands virtually over the internet and he said he'd be in touch.

Early one Sunday morning there was a knock on the door and, because I was recovering from a late Saturday night filled with the killing of many brain cells, I was unable to get to the door in time to answer it. As I got to the door, a piece of paper suddenly appeared between the door and the floor to the apartment in which I lived. I looked outside to see a black on black BMW 7 series in the drive way with two men on either side of the car waiting for the person who delivered the note to return.

I opened the sliding glass balcony door and hailed the individuals to please come back. I let three almost sinister looking men in trench coats into my apartment one of which was carrying a brief case with $26,000 in bank wrapped $20 bills. The purchaser of the car waited patiently for this shaking hung over sot to count each and every bill.

It took the better part of the morning to complete the count but it was all there. I also learned never take more than $9,999.99 to the credit union for deposit because they told me of the extra paperwork that they had to fill out. I made the deposit in three separate transactions on three days as suggested.
Speaking of cash…..

I went with my girlfriend to the airport to pick her dad up from Mexico. He got in the car and opened a bag that had 1,000,000.00 stacked inside. He later went to federal prison 🤣.

It was fun while it lasted. ✌️

I’ll delete this link shortly.

Last edited:
Speaking of cash…..

I went with my girlfriend to the airport to pick her dad up from Mexico. He got in the car and opened a bag that had 1,000,000.00 stacked inside. He later went to federal prison 🤣.

It was fun while it lasted. ✌️
Fun link. Interesting girl friend no doubt! Edit successful.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back