What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just regular bag concrete mix. It exceeds specs. Mix it a little thick and work it in. Hard to screw it up.

Got Solar installed on my house last month. Thought it was on for about 2 weeks, until I finally got my web monitoring system up and running. Discovered that when SDG&E {Power supplier } came out and did their final inspection they turned off the DC disconnect on my inverter. :mad:

The installers left it off at the main circuit breaker.
Told me when I get the final okay,
I only have to flip the breakers on.

This is what I'm pushing back into the system every day.
Last bar on the chart is small because it is a hot one today and we are running the AC. Still have a negative usage from Our local supplier:)

5-6yrs to break even $ wise though.

Capture.jpg

Was working out some kinks on my plumbing website and working on some social sharing websites. Stumbled upon here and found out how perfect this website is for my needs. I also went to my nieces high school graduation party

Third day with a temp over 100, I hate being sick. Throat hurts so bad I can't talk or swallow. Good thing I couldn't make my doctors appt Friday because I am forced to have insurance but nothing says my doc has to take it. Found out on my way there. Figured I'd be better over the weekend. Guessed wrong. Anyway me and my throat spray cleaned the garage up a little. Couldn't handle sitting on the couch any longer.

I used to sell solar energy, depending on the company you go with, the rates are great and if you are smart you can pay a lower rate than your current electricity provider in the form of monthly payments signed up with a contract to pay off the panels. But f your contract is 20 years, do we really think we're gonna need solar panels then, or will we be on Mars? Off topic, but I think it really is worth it for everyone, especially knowing we honestly could be a 100% energy efficient society if we started pitching in.

Nice, Mr_David!
I'm seriously thinking of getting solar panels out here-- now that the house is no longer covered by that poor tree, we get a lot of sun. We do use a lot of electricity though. But even if we only ran some things off of it, it could reduce our monthly bill-- and more importantly, we might not have to worry about the damn power outages when some idiot shoots a line while trying to hit a squirrel or someone drives into a powerline or a tree falls on the lines or when it's raining and the power goes out for some reason.

It has been raining almost every day here. I keep wishing we could find a way to harness the rain to generate electricity-- like set up a gutter system where when the water flows through it turns something that generates electricity-- Toto has something similar to charge the batteries in some of their automatic faucets-- using the water in the faucet for 5 minutes a day recharges the battery apparently.

Still waiting on my brother to get his engine out of the back of my truck but he's been waiting for a lull in the rain. Found someone who will put it in for $300 if the weather will just clear up long enough.

Had a water line break outside (the PVC shattered) in the middle of the night. I went out to the pump house to see what was wrong- no leaks out there but the water in the holding tank was low. On my way back in I saw the broken line-- right below the shutoff. I had to shut the main line off and wait until morning.

Got up early the next morning, found the supplies I needed, and went outside to fix it. Was cutting off the broken part (it was right outside the back steps) and got headbutted by a few cats and then had my face licked by the dog. Fortunately, they left me alone when I got the pvc cement out. I wrapped the pipe up in insulation and duct tape afterward, left it for a couple of hours, and then turned the water back on.

I can't remember if I mentioned that my doctor diagnosed me as having hypothyroid. It explains why I was absolutely exhausted all the time. I'm still tired, but I'm feeling a little bit more alert-- just not by much. I'm hoping that the Levithroxin will work better after longer use. This weather isn't helping much though. Feels like a sauna outside when I open the door.

On a complete side note, I was talking to alefromitaly about traveling methods in the US. I don't travel very much anymore, so I'm wondering if people know much about travel accommodations for people who want to travel in groups across multiple states. Like, which car rental places are good, what places are good to visit, and what sort of motels/hotels are inexpensive but safe?

Oh how I wish. How I wish the media would stop plastering that waste of sperms face all over the news. Stop giving these low life's recognition, it drives me insane.

Has phish been around since the shootings? Phish, I can only imagine what life must be like there now. I hope all of your friends or family is ok. I presume you're safe, you don't strike me as a night club guy.

On a plumbing side of things, today me and a new hire fit a 60" tub in a 60 1/8" hole. There was lots of cursing, and very, very minimal space to work but we got it. It was his first tub install....I promised they aren't all that hard! I messed up the drain measurement the first time too. So really we did it twice :eek:

I and mine are fine, I live about 30 miles north and east of downtown Orlando.

I would encourage everyone to spend a few minutes to dig up names and faces of the people who lost their lives to this hater. I spent a good 1/2 hour reading short bios of some of them. They deserve to be known and remembered.

And the bad thing is, they are trying to blame guns for it. That guy would have used bombs or whatever weapons he could get his hands on.
and they aren't talking about the bouncer who saved people-- all they want to do is glorify the killer.
I don't care about that guy. I don't care about his motives, I don't care what he looks like or what his name is. He doesn't deserve the attention or consideration.

Anyway, it's been hot as hell here- heat index was 105 today. My dogs ran in and refused to go back out.

Phish, I'm glad you're ok.

It was a terrorist attempt to institute shria law plane and simple.
it was a hate crime against the LGBT community.
that our potus is refusing to acknowledge as such

my heart goes out to their families and the suffering they are feeling

I think his call, to claim he was doing it for his God, was just a coward that was pissed off about his own inner feelings.
Needed to justify in his mind that he was doing it for Ala.

There are a lot of confused people in this fast changing world and some of them just can't adapt.

I wish I had a CWP.
I wonder how long he would have lasted in a state like Texas where CWP are ( I think ) more common.

We need to arm ourselves. The Government has failed to protect use.

Last edited:
I have been kicking that thought around in my head.
what is the initial cost to go solar ?

I have 25 panel system @ 285watt/panel = 7125 watts
paid $25 K for it. Get a $9K tax credit come 2017
projection to break even is about 5 years.
Right now I generate about 45kWh a day. average daily use is about 19kWh.
But it doesn't work well on cloudy days and right now the sun is beating down hard. 3 of my neighbor's have Vivint and lease their equipment.

Nice, Mr_David!
I'm seriously thinking of getting solar panels out here-- now that the house is no longer covered by that poor tree, we get a lot of sun. We do use a lot of electricity though. But even if we only ran some things off of it, it could reduce our monthly bill-- and more importantly, we might not have to worry about the damn power outages when some idiot shoots a line while trying to hit a squirrel or someone drives into a powerline or a tree falls on the lines or when it's raining and the power goes out for some reason.

You will need a very expensive battery system to be independent from the main grid or a back up generator.
I have a small generator to keep the Refrigerator /freezer cold when the power goes out

Right now the juice I make goes directly back into the main grid. the meter runs backwards. the total usage gets tallied up at the end of the year. Right now I am making more than I use. But is was designed to support an electric spa and an AC unit I have not yet installed

Back