What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love the eat bacon pic

Love this movie.

I'd post up some songs and quotes but it might get me banned.:D

Team America.jpg

Did nothing today, it was 111 outside, I stayed on the couch until this evening. At 7:30 it was still 102, I watered plants and thats it.

I went to Long Beach for dinner and it was still 97 degrees. Came home at 730 at it was still 99 degrees. I took a dip in the pool. That was real nice.

I had to share these pictures.
These are from a 2 story unit in a 4 unit bldg.
Water was coming through wall into an adjacent unit.
Kitchen faucet has been leaking under sink for awhile.
The leak needed to be stopped.
I kicked the disposal off.
Laid down some plastic and changed the shut off valves under the sink.
I was wearing a respirator and coveralls.
When I got done, I went home and took 2 showers.

Someone lived there.
HOA management that hired me is taking action to clean this up.
Could you even imagine living in a unit that shared a wall with this.

Can you find the hot plate on the counter next to the unusable stove?

012.jpg

023.jpg

044.jpg

006.jpg

Yikes. My place is bad, but not that bad. It did resemble that quite a bit in terms of the dirt when we first moved back in after evicting the deadbeat tenants though.

On a complete side note, since we were discussing alternate forms of generating electricity, what do you guys think of a system that tries to capture the rainwater (in areas with frequent rain) and use the motion of the water going down gutters to spin or turn something that will generate electricity / charge a battery? Toto has a version of it for sensor operated commercial faucets, but I wonder if it could be larger scale and generate more electricity.

Does it sound like a crackpot idea?

I need to check my electric bill and see what our usage is-- I know it is a lot because our windows suck and we don't have insulation in some of our exterior walls.

Wasted time today supposed to be meeting with the guy to take my brother's motor out of the back of my truck-- 2nd day in a row the guy stood us up and blew us off. He also had my brother's truck towed somewhere other than the agreed upon location and now we have no idea where it is and couldn't find it when we went looking. Might end up having to report it stolen if the mofo doesn't give us a proper address and/or have the truck returned.

Motor still hasn't been removed. Dude said he needs to be able to turn the motor to get it out and it won't turn so he has to take the transmission out first. Said it should be done (the removal) by the end of the weekend.

Apparently 3 guys made a microturbine system for using rainwater to generate electricity. http://www.gizmag.com/pluvia-rainwater-microturbine/31379/

But I think it uses much larger scale water runoff. I think there is a spot on my roof that gets a ton of water runoff though. It's where the roof forms sort of a V.

Which somehow reminded me, when I was looking for my brother's truck, I passed a house that I'd forgotten about-- hadn't seen it in 30 years. You can't see from the angle in the photo, but there are 3 tiers of buildings connected by stairs and the top one has a slide going down to a swimming pool. I think it used to be a waterslide.
tumblr_o977f7qfqA1qhfuqwo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_o977f7qfqA1qhfuqwo1_1280.jpg

Last edited:
You know there is absolutely no reason you would ever have to pull a transmission to pull a motor. No matter how the engine blew you can unbolt it and pull it out.

You know there is absolutely no reason you would ever have to pull a transmission to pull a motor. No matter how the engine blew you can unbolt it and pull it out.

It sounded hinky to me too.

Love the first and last pic havasu. So accurate that it's funny... or is it is sad.. well I guess it is whatever the media tells us it is right?

Latest posts

Back