Water heater building codes

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gthomson

Reaction score
Mom is buying a house and the inspector noted that the water heater vent above roof length was not above the minimum of 12".
The house was built in 2003 and is in California.
I think it makes sense to ask for it to be fixed if building code in 2003 said it needed to be more than 12". If not, than I don't think it makes sense to ask for that as a fix.
Does that make sense?

Is there an official online building code place that we can check to see what the building code in California was when the place was built?

Greg

making sure the base of the ladder is away from the building 25% of the vertical height.

and is sticking ABOVE the roof a 3' .

crawl your happy self, up on da roof. take the cap off of the vent.

crawl down, observing any and all safety guidelines, wearing your PPE, and having a spotter ready and watching

take the cap with you to a PLUMBING SUPPLY NOT to the pimple faced 16 year old kid at blowes or ho-depot

tell the guy you want a 12'' vent pipe that matches this cap. let him look at the cap.

he needs to know if it is amerivent or other type..

take the vent home.

crawl BACK up on the roof,,,observing all safety precautions and wearing your PPE

install the newly required 12'' section of duct and the cap

go inside and announce to facebook what you just did

Last edited:
Frodo, you failed to make sure this member buckled his seat belt in his car and to not text and drive!

...long gone are the days when you could get away with jumping off of your pipe rack onto the roof

and use your 100' electric cord as a rope.

i miss those days, life was fun,,,and interesting :rolleyes:

You're a
very%20happy.gif
!!! WILD AND CRAZY GUY !!!
very%20happy.gif

You're a
very%20happy.gif
!!! WILD AND CRAZY GUY !!!
very%20happy.gif

My brothr in law is an inspector for OSHA,,,I have to watch my self around him

he stops at a stop sign and ACTUALLY counts to 10 even if no one is around.

I told him him...AW hell na!!! just tap that break pedal so the break light blinks and GO!!! your in the counrty, no one around why you stop?

That's called a "California Stop" and many folks have received autographed triplicate forms from me for doing so.

It's funny that most of the fatal t-bone collisions occur at intersections in the "country" where there were no other cars on the road.

Sorry, I'm retired. I don't care anymore!

you still care, thats why we love your old butt

HEY,, i just remembered, back in 1990. i saw a cop pull his cruzer in the no park zone at JC pennys
open the trunk and get some penny's bags out, go in the store

I wrote him a ticket on a piece of card board for illegal parking.

sentenced him to a Saturday community service

wonder if he showed up ?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back