Vitamin overdose?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris

Reaction score
Is it possible to overdose on vitamins? A buddy of mine and his wife came over for Christmas dinner with a nasty cold (I don't really know why) but they sat next to me drooling and dripping nasty snot and sneezing on me all night. I immediately started taking vitamin C but when I woke up Sunday I didn't feel so hot so I started taking Centrium as well (Just the daily vitamin). Well I am up to 3,000 mg of Vitamin C and four Daily vitamins a day (4 times the recommended dose) I can feel the cold but I think I am doing ok in keeping it from taking over. So my question is? Is there anything wrong with taking too much vitamins? I was always told your body will get rid of what you don't need.

I have always heard what you have... anything your body is unable to absorb, will just get passed through...

HOpe you feel better soon... My wife has the sinus-y crap right now...

I have always heard that your body will for the most part get rid of extra C. The others, though, not so much. But remember, I didn't stay in a motel last night, so what do I know?

Vitamin C and a few other water soluable vitamins are Ok to over do, but be careful with some of the others like Iron, Mag, E and A. They are not water soluable and can be bad in high doses.

Can your equipment dig a 6' deep hole? Start digging! No, it may take a few days to be eliminated from your body, but constant, mega doses for a considerable time can cause permanent damage to your kidneys and liver.

I need those. well at least the liver I guess. I am back down to a normal dose of the multi vitamin but I am still over doing the vitamin C.

I think I am fairing pretty well my buddy and a few others have it bad but for me it is tolerable.

You can overdose on vitamins, it is called hypervitaminosis. Of course, it usually takes weeks to develop (or super-extreme overdosing on supplements). I wouldn't worry too much about the C count which will most likely just act as a laxative, but watch things like B and D (one of the Bs can cause stroke like symptoms)

Come to think of it my eyes were really sensitive to light yesterday when I had taken way to much of the daily vitamin.

Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you that too many vitamins makes your eyes pop out. A quick solution would be to staple your eyelids shut right now. :cool:

Meh... probably... but later and not from vitamins.

Austin, work with us....You ever see the jeep he is going to give me when he dies? Chris, keep digging!

Which jeep do you want? The YJ or the CJ? The YJ is for rock crawling and the CJ is just awesome.

Did I tell you that when I am at putting in the D60's and 5.9 I am going to toss on the front clip of a TJ just to screw with people? I picked up the grill tonight now I just need the hood.

Latest posts

Back