Vintage pedestal sink

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kinda rethinking, given all this chat. Meanwhile here is Mr. Walter Parker's counsel, in essence:

THANK YOU, Mr. Parker, for your fulsome counsel. You have spirit in addition to experience. Good show.

Several on the forum have asked for follow-up so with your permission I shall share with them your response. Oh how like my beloved Papa you sound!

Spay/neuter . . . pets too!
ZPG

Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2015
Subject: Re: Vintage pedestal sink

It is a crane sink. I install them all the time. The stems are almost always intact. Sometimes the rubber going into the spout goes bad if it has been disconnected for a while. As for backflow preventers they can be put under the sink. As for any future problem of back flow, the sink would have to be having the drain blocked up to get over the overflow first of all, then the water over the spout then there would need to be a backflow incident meaning a water main break, and you would need an infectious disease. It is even a little more complicated than that to get bad water into a pipe from a plumbing fixture.

I hope this helps. Stop the whining from your plumber and contractors.

i would just leave it alone.

i dont know of a code that says you cant have a hole in your sink View attachment 9266

Copy...
grinning-smiley-004.gif

date: Sat, 19 sep 2015
subject: Re: Vintage pedestal sink

it is a crane sink. I install them all the time. The stems are almost always intact. sometimes the rubber going into the spout goes bad if it has been disconnected for a while. As for backflow preventers they can be put under the sink. As for any future problem of back flow, the sink would have to be having the drain blocked up to get over the overflow first of all, then the water over the spout then there would need to be a backflow incident meaning a water main break, and you would need an infectious disease. It is even a little more complicated than that to get bad water into a pipe from a plumbing fixture.

I hope this helps. Stop the whining from your plumber and contractors.

AHA!

Thanx!

Latest posts

Back