Upgrading Delta shower

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dmb2392

Reaction score
Want to upgrade my delta faucet handle and trim. What upgrade can I use with the attached photo? Help I am lost

Attachments

• EF088E26-3B8B-4649-A8EC-FE9B153AB7FA.jpeg
    EF088E26-3B8B-4649-A8EC-FE9B153AB7FA.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
That’s a Delta 1600 series.

Heres the escutcheon
https://www.deltafaucet.com/parts/product/RP5883.htmlIts 6 3/4” in diameter.
Deltas tech support says any 1300/1400/1600 series handle will fit. I can’t say that’s true....,,.they have been wrong before.

The cartridge is a RP1991
The screws are Rp196

Last edited:
I am looking to change everything. So will any brand work? Or do I have to stick with delta? Thank you for your reply!

I am looking to change everything. So will any brand work? Or do I have to stick with delta? Thank you for your reply!
You must use Delta. You cannot cross match valves with trims. Unless you find a generic (fits all) that works (good luck). Your best bet is to reach out to Delta and find out what trims you can upgrade to. With that being said, they have changed some things over the years. One valve body and cartridges are shipped with trims. Your old valve may not work with the new styles. Just be prepared for that news.

You must use Delta. You cannot cross match valves with trims. Unless you find a generic (fits all) that works (good luck). Your best bet is to reach out to Delta and find out what trims you can upgrade to. With that being said, they have changed some things over the years. One valve body and cartridges are shipped with trims. Your old valve may not work with the new styles. Just be prepared for that news.
I’ve already posted the trim available from Delta. Handles too. He wants an entire new valve and trim. However in his original post he asks for trim.

Okay thank you. I reached out to delta and they were useless unfortunately.

The OP is giving vague info, not stating his exact needs, so he will get vague answers.

Hard to properly advise or help someone who hasn’t taken enough time to clearly formulate a readable and accurate description of their specific needs and intentions.

No offense intended.

You might want to pull your trim off first to see what size hole you have to cover.
And what shape of hole.
His current hole behind there could be rectangular, round, who knows?
That big round trim plate in the link has a round central part that is recessed, I think.

The OP is giving vague info, not stating his exact needs, so he will get vague answers.

Hard to properly advise or help someone who hasn’t taken enough time to clearly formulate a readable and accurate description of their specific needs and intentions.

No offense intended.
Perhaps you should of just skipped my “dumb” question and move along. I am simply trying to upgrade the shower trim/handle and wanted to find out a model that was compatible to replace the current one, Karen.

Ok, now I get it.
Based on the previous posts, and answers, it was unclear if you were trying to just upgrade the trim and handle, or wanted to change the entire valve behind the wall.
Good luck in your search, I hope you find what you need.

Last edited:
Perhaps you should of just skipped my “dumb” question and move along. I am simply trying to upgrade the shower trim/handle and wanted to find out a model that was compatible to replace the current one, Karen.

You got your question answered by me in post number 2.

Bye Bye Becky....✌️

Latest posts

Back