Tub faucet leak

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JerryRigger

Reaction score
Several days ago I had a water heater completely replaced because of calcium buildup on the exit pipe that led to a pinhole leak.

About a day later the bathtub faucet develops a leak.

What happens is that every couple of minutes the faucet drips water. Not just one or two drops, but maybe 1/4th to 1/3 of an ounce (estimated, probably less) of water every time it drips. It lasts for about a second and then stops before happening again several minutes later. I can't find ANY information on this type of leak. It's very annoying and like clockwork! Holding the

I have no idea if it is related to the new water heater, but perhaps someone can give an explanation as to what is happening. I have a couple ideas but I have absolutely no plumbing knowledge, so these ideas are purely guesses.

If it helps, the old heater was a 25-30(don't know exactly) gallon Whirpool tank to a brand new 40 gallon Rheem tank. Electric.

Having the diverter up makes no difference, it doesn't come out of the showerhead, it pools up inside the spout until I release the diverter. More testing could be done to give a definite answer, however.

Note: I live in an apartment, so I could easily call maintenance (after all, they changed the water heater) but I wanted to know if there was a simple fix so he doesn't come trudging through with his muddy boots all over the carpet again.

Very Odd indeed. But a leak is a leak, so just have the fixture fixed.

Back